525 build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How easy is it to adapt the original 525 GR meter into this circuit?  What needs to be done?

Does anyone have any leads on where one can get this meter?

Thanks!
Sig

Just to hole 12?  And ground, I assume.

Are there any other meters that can be used?  I don't suppose API would sell these meters from their new reissue units...

Thanks!
Sig

What about all the other stuff that exists on the meter board?  R/ATT, Mono Strap etc. - where does this stuff now connect to if I use the other meter?

Thanks,
Sig

gar381's version of peter's wonderful 525.

new_525_front.jpg

new_525_top.jpg

Much still to do.

GARY

V nice Gary... you could have asked for the drawings ya know..!!

Here's a little mod for the meter signal. As is, the meter still operates in bypass, so why not use the spare side to switch the signal in and out.

metermod.JPG

peter purpose said:
V nice Gary... you could have asked for the drawings ya know..!!

Thanks peter.  I will remember that next time but I actually had a great time backwards
engineering your metal work.  Fun project !!

RedNoise said:
Hey Gar381...It's a Grayhill??

525_switches.jpg

Yha Rednoise its a Grayhill and e-switch replacements for the wellbuying.

GARY

How is this project going?

Are boards / kits / trannies still available?  I know I'm late to the party?

Any bummers or un-sussed problems still lurking?

thanks, looks totally awesome.

Hey brad  , i believe Baltimore was selling a couple kits

Peter , i'm not in a hurry but curious to lnow  , did the fixed metalwork
kits ship out ? [ haven't seen mine ]

Hey Peter,

Is the front panel supposed to sit tight against the chassis?  I suppose it can't, since the nuts from the pots is there.  What holds the panel in place, the Sifam knobs?

EDIT - or, the nuts are supposed to go on the actual front panel, not on the aluminum sub panel...?

Sig

Hi Peter,

i nearly finished this project. Thank you for this wonderful compressor.

I am not sure about the attack mod. You send me the 100k pot for the attack pot.
Is the attack mod still necessary ?

If yes, is this approach from greg ok:

1. Connected C3 across wiper and ground (you can see the WIMA on top the meter board).
2. Cut two traces... one on the underside of the meter board that connects the wiper to the end contact. The other on the top that connects the wiper to ATT.
3. Added a wire from the contact that was connected to the wiper to ATT.

You wrote something about changing cap size to 330nF. Do you still recommend this ?

regards
Wolfgang

Latest posts

Back