8 Channel, 3U NEVE 1073 completed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes but.....  woow... a 51K / 5K1 mistake may have been hard to find...  as it's hard to read it since resistor are hiding it...
really...  good job !!

glad also that u fixed that..

Sylvain

Has anybody noticed that the 2K2 and the 1K8 resistors from the bom aren´t sold anymore. Maybe i´m stupid but i don´t find them. I choose the 261-1.8k-rc. Hope that they are ok.

Cheers Martin

Thanks.

Have not realized that they are metal oxide.

I think it´s cheaper when i just go to my local store an buy them there. But thanks very much for offering.

Is there anyone who could help me get one:

C16 23PS210 Capacitor Polystyrene 1010p

I broke mine while trouble shooting, and just can get them at mouser with 20euro delivery costs for a 0,22 euro capacitor...

Finished my 4 channel EZ 1290 a couple of weeks ago, worked flawless the first time I powered it up!
Many thanks to M Adriaanse, Frank for engraving and all inspiring builds here.

Recalibrated the PSU and 1 channel today, made some pictures.

Willem.

Attachments

• DSC_0668.jpg
    DSC_0668.jpg
    698 KB · Views: 242
Thanks!
No problems at all, massive amount of gain and no hiss, buzz or other noises.
Just follow the excellent instructions of M Adriaanse and it will work.

Willem.

Neily said:
DUDE! That looks amazing! I really like how you lined up the transformers... I wanna do mine like that. No noise issues?

Hi

I just put my 2 1290 in a 2 unit rack unit, and I have a strange problem.
All preamps worked as they should before i put it in the box.
Here is the thing. After I put them in the box they sound thin and noisy. All of then have the same sound character. Im almost sure this is a grounding issue, and I searched around with a clip - ground. And I put a wire from pin 6/7 on output trafo to ground, and they sound great. Loud and clear, no noise. This is not like the application guide, and I can figure it out.
The box is aluminium.
The power trafo is a 25VA/30V toroidal, and the power supply is a  1176 supply adjusted to 24V, with no phantom.
The 10ohm ground measuring is right.
I have followed the application guide, with plastic stand offs, shielded audio wires, all measuring on the transistors are right, and im as sure as I can get that the components and wiring is right.

Thanks for reading.

Hello,

I`m new here, i want to build a 1290 preamp and had some questions???

@ first can i got with the CA-18-VTB1148 - Transformer: Audio Output (Narrow Board Version)

and i want to make my 1290 without anything, so i don`t wan`t some +48v, DI, phase or so only mic input output and a gainknob!!!

my questions are when i don`t need all these what is the best intern PSU for me???

go somebody with intern PSU???? is this good

and my other qustions are i can buy the bc/vishay, grayhill switch, carnhill`s from audiomaintenance.uk

what is with the other things and from wich trade are the best components i ask for polystrene caps tantalums BC184C, resitors.....

so thats it and good day ur all!!!

Hi FD 10

As you can read in this thread, there's a lot of people have build the 1290 with the psu in the box, adn a lot of people have build it with an external psu. I think in general everyone agrees that building an external psu is the best way to avoid problems, and especially if it is your first build, do yourself a favour and build the psu externally.
Internally or externally, with or without al extras the JLM ACDC is a good choice, recommended by M. Adriaanse himself. Also affordable and well documented. You can't really go wrong with that.
Regarding your question of where to buy what, Iam pretty sure there is a bill of materials somewhere in the first pages of this thread completely with order numbers from mouser and so on, could not be easier!
Good luck with a great project!

justanalogue said:
Finished my 4 channel EZ 1290 a couple of weeks ago, worked flawless the first time I powered it up!
Many thanks to M Adriaanse, Frank for engraving and all inspiring builds here.

Recalibrated the PSU and 1 channel today, made some pictures.

Willem.

justanalogue
    Nice job!  :) :) :)  Did you use just one PSU to power all 4 channels and if so have you had any issue's?  And were did you get those heat sinks if you don't mind my asking? I am just building my PSU now and I thought I was going to have to build two for four channels.

Cheers
Kim

Hello,

i won`t to know can i go with this PSU board????

http://www.jlmaudio.com/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=14

T-rex is fine for 2 channels max nothing else, no active dis neither!
i did tried it and didnt work fine!
Thanks

Back