8 Channel, 3U NEVE 1073 completed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi team,

using the recommended carnhill iron, is there a diy method for changing the stock impedance of the input xformer from 1200 ohms to 300ohms, so that i can use say a ribbon mic?

can someone point me i the right direction of this has already been covered?

regards and thanks in advance of any help

michael de a

Hey all! do you know if martin is still offering these boards for sale? I dropped him an email but didn`t get a response...
cant wait to build those babys :)

Anyone thats built a 4ch version with the JLM powerstation, any suggestion for power Xformer? Im adding 4 JLM go betweens (which shouldnt really effect the draw i assume)

sr1200 said:

I opted for the 6amp rectifier (i figured might as well get the most out of it) was this correct to do?

I did the same thing by recommendation from Joe and desol.

Don't do like me and forget the tripler jumper  :eek:  caused no harm but wasn't quite working right.

Hey Everyone!  I've got something weird happening....  On my ACDC power supply, I accidentally got the 337 and 317 backwards.  So i removed them, ordered new ones from mouser.com, put them in, powered up, and then my 47r 1W resistor on the PSU burned.  I figured that the regulators were probably shorting to the case, so i took the PSU out of the case, replaced the resistor, fired it up again, and then the same resistor burned up.  I triple checked for shorts and can't find any.  I should note that while I was waiting for the regulators to come in the mail, I used the one I had left and had my 24V rail working perfectly...  Anyone got any ideas??  Thanks!

how are you hooking up the psu to your boards?...... this is a +24v project, you shouldn't need a 337

Thanks for the quick reply!!  I have followed the assembly instructions exactly as indicated on the first page.  For the 337, i threw it back on the board just because it came with the original ACDC package.  I know its for a negative rail, which is unused in this build.

Good, glad you're not feeding -24v anywhere.  As long as you're getting a steady 24v, that reg is good, so no need to replace. 
Take a look back at page 32 of this thread where something similar is discussed. 

If that doesn't help, you'll need to go through your build with a fine tooth comb, checking every single resistor value etc.

cheers

Thanks Davo!  I've read and searched all throughout this forum for this specific issue, and the common issue is with shorting to the case.  Even after I pulled the board out of the case and put a new resistor in there, it still burned up when i fired it up.  Could i have maybe gotten the incorrect LM317?  The one i ordered was a positive, adjustable, standard regulator that is adjustable up to 57V.  Also, the 47r resistor i replaced the first burnt one with was significantly smaller than the one included in the ACDC package, but was still a 47r 1W. 

I should also point out that when I originally had the 317 and 337 mixed up, nothing was burning or smoking, I just had the wrong voltages...

Evilcat wrote this a few pages back: (pg 39)

evilcat said:
If I remember correctly, the 47R 1W is a protection resistor for the phantom cicuit. Mine burned too when I accidently did a shortcut between +48V and another rail or ground, I don't remember...
Anyway, check your solderings, shortcuts in the phantom area. Hope it'll help. Good luck.

You got the right LM317, and those resistors come in a bunch of sizes, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.  If you're using a 24v xformer, make sure that your phantom jumper is set as
a doubler rather than a tripler.  In the past when I've mixed up regs, they're usually blown, so you may want to replace the phantom reg (??? the other may be fine, but I don't know)

cheers

FIgured it out!!!!  The 5k TrimPot on the 48V rail was toasted and not working.  When all else fails, rely on the multimeter :)  I stole the 5k pot from the negative rail, fired it up, and all is well!

I've got an odd and slightly, well, really embarrassing question...  Has anybody had any experience removing the stop pins from the switches?  I accidentally put the pin in the wrong spot, and now i can't remove it.  Any help would be much appreciated :)  Thanks!

wimmy7986 said:
I've got an odd and slightly, well, really embarrassing question...  Has anybody had any experience removing the stop pins from the switches?  I accidentally put the pin in the wrong spot, and now i can't remove it.  Any help would be much appreciated :)  Thanks!

Try a magnet, or some blue poster sticky?

Latest posts

Back