8 Channel, 3U NEVE 1073 completed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a pretty cool option actually... as long as the steps aren't in 5db incements otherwise you're just kind of having the ability to drive the input stage and not have a lot coming out on the other end (which i gotta say sounds awesome on some things... drums) but reason i went with the pot is so you can dial something back just slightly if needed, but if you're going digital i guess it doesnt matter anyway as long as you have good converters.

Try Newark. Theres also this site, dont remember it off the top of my head but its something like radiorepair or radioparts.  ahhh got it justradios.com

http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=422+2203+200010&Ntk=gensearch&Ntt=Polystyrene&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial

googles a helluva tool!

indiehouse Recording said:
Hey all!

I'm having a hard time finding C9, 100pF Polystyrene. Can I use Polypropylene instead, or should I just go ceramic?

Small Bear Electronics has some - http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=1232

doh! Didn't think to check Small Bear. I tried Digikey and Mouser, and neither had them. I was hoping to score some at one of the places I was already ordering and paying shipping from.

I've got one other parts question I was hoping someone could weigh in on. I have read on these threads how some people think the Motorola version of 2N3055 sounds superior to the ST version. I found some Motorola's on eBay, but they are pretty pricey compared to the ST's from Mouser. Does it really make a huge difference?

The 2N3055 is the transistor. The BOM calls for one made by ST, which is available. I just read in these threads that some people were using a Motorola version of the transistor, and I was wondering if it was worth the extra money.

Oh thats the little top hat looking thing.  I used the motorolas on mine, i cant really see how it would be that big of a difference as long as the other is up to spec.

The BC184C is the one thats not made anymore.

Did a bit of digging around, and it seems kind of risky to purchase Motorola 2N3055's these days. It seems a lot are counterfeited. From what I gather On-Semi bought the Motorola plant, and continues to make the 2N3055 per the original spec. It may be safer to go with On-Semi.

I've got my trannies ordered as well as my power supply and Go-Betweens! I'm finalizing my Mouser/Digikey order. The whole Front Panel issue has me scratching my head. I downloaded the software, and would really love to design my own front panel. I just don't know how to use the program. My backup plan is to order from Dan at Collective Cases, but I was hoping for a customized case.

Does anyone have a Front Panel file to share? I'm building 4 channels in a 2U case, with Go-Betweens and trim knobs. I really, really like the old school Neve designs that people had at the beginning of this thread. I would be very appreciative if someone had something like that to share that I could maybe tweak to make it custom for me.

sr1200 said:
Oh thats the little top hat looking thing.  I used the motorolas on mine, i cant really see how it would be that big of a difference as long as the other is up to spec.

The BC184C is the one thats not made anymore.

you can find BC184C here:
http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=+BC184C&_sacat=0&_from=R40

where are people getting the 12 position grayhill switch right now? digikey has a 2 month wait.

mike

hey...

audio maintenance limited sends me to a 3rd part payment site "actinic payments".

i used AML a year or two ago, and i dont seem to remember this "actinic payments"

i have been scammed before... anyone care to confirm the legitimacy of this service?

Thanks,

Mike

Latest posts

Back