5-8mm illuminated push switches?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barney

Hi guys,
i'm looking for some 5 to 8mm illuminated push switches for a project ala millenia or avalon if anyone knows of a supplier? Thanks

B

I should be a little more specific.

It's for the front panel of a bass pre, and would like to use illuminated mini push switches pcb mount preferably round about 5-8mm that don't have a bezel.

Any ideas would be muchly appreciated

http://www.rjselectronics.com/pages/view-products.php?parentID=21

product_e_image_234.jpg

product_e_image_231.jpg

http://www.rapidonline.com/

78054001.jpg

78225101.jpg

I dunno if they're all latching... but I like the alps switches (the ones with the white housing) 4pole switches are cool. You could also use standard alps switches and try to find buttons made of perspex/plexiglas and illuminate them from the backside with a simple led. Some manufacturers do their own switch caps. 100% custom. Nice idea for diy! :cool:

Barney - the switches in the second and third images Frank posted are available locally at Altronics - part numbers S 1450/51/52. I measured mine and they are 8.1mm at the cap flaring slightly to 8.3

Heres a picture of a millennia which I did some time ago...
They are using alps type switches... I have some which look exactly like the ones on the picture.. they have "tone-luck" printed on them. I can't tell you exactly how it is done with the led but the led is not included in the switch itselfs. Probably a custom switch cap.

millennia.jpg

Thanks guys. Mako i've seen the ones at altronics but was looking for something a little more sturdy. I like the idea of the alps Frank. Nice shot of the NSeq, i have the TD1 but mine has nothing marked on the switches? I'm sure i'll be able to use one of the above, i'll let you know.

thanks kindly, Barney

Back