alternate source for Lundahls

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh

K&K wont have the input X-formers for the 1176 until freakin September. Does anyone have an alternate source in the US for these? I've already been waiting for 3 weeks now.

Or...

have any of you built the OEP versions AND the Lundahl for a quick comparison? What do you think?

Sorry again Josh, but I suspect that the whole Lundahl distributor network is out of these. My last ones went to Finland, ironically.

You could always run OEP's =] I'm doing in and outs on my 1178 with 0ep's

if I ever get it done ill post a review but so far it's all positive feedback.

plus $$bargain$$

what's the impedences of the input tranny? I bet you can get edcor to wind you something if it's for 600:something. you'd be suprised how good these sound.

That's cool and the gang. By the sounds (pun?) of things, I may sub an OEP tranny for these.

Svart, I cannot find the Mnats schemo, so I dunno. How much you think the Edcor would cost to have them wind only 2?

I don't know but the compatible out's are about $19. I do know that you don't want to just call the and say I want something like this manufactures part number.

I'm going to try some of the outs in a 1176 build but I'm still working on it.

I now wind the complete LL line.
Stole the prints from the back of Per's booth while he was at lunch during the trade show.
See Black Market for quanity pricing.
:green: .

[quote author="Svart"] you'd be suprised how good these sound.[/quote]

Svart, are you speaking of the generic Edcod line? or their "hi-fi" line?

both.

By "good" i mean they don't sound bad, but they don't give much of the "transformer" sound if that is what you are looking for. very open and clean.

I've used both and honestly I couldn't really hear a difference but they aren't much different in price so I guess just go with their XSM series, it'd only be a couple bucks more.

EDIT: I'm only talking about their matching/line I/O transformers, I have not tried their ribbon mic or mic in trannies yet.

Latest posts

Back