component list UK shop

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gerardmanvuca

Hello!
I am planning on building the SSL bus comp clone using Gyraf's component list.
Just wanted to know if anyone knows a shop based in the UK that will have most of the original parts.
I have tried Maplins and RS but they either don't have the specific piece or they have the same product but there is an extra ''LETTER'' at the end of the product code.

Any help would be great.

Got the PCB from Gustav, Got it within 24 hours, great service and big up to Gyraf and the whole crew making it happen in the world of the clones.

peace

I find RS to be pretty good. It’s worth doing a bit of research on parts which have extra letters/digits in the part number, often they’ll be fine.
Digikey is good for humongous orders but the postage and handling for anything below £100 makes it stupidly expensive.

You could also try Rapid electronics or Farnell.

What parts are you struggling with?

Rapid are great.. request a catalogue, I personally prefer to select parts this way, then type the numbers into their web order form. They even sell Thats VCAs'!!

Maplins are ok for a quick fix, but thats about it.

Hey,
thanks for the response,

I'm gonna check out rapid Electronics and see what they got.

On Kev's component list, the thing that is cool is that all the product number are already there and they are easy to find.
All you have to do is copy paste the product name in the search bar, but the problem is that the shop is based in Australia, dunno if it's actually cheaper or more expensive than getting it in the UK????

would be cool to have the same procedure for UK shops,

Just wanna ask quick question about components selection.

I'm checking out Rapid Electronics, and I put NE5532 in the search engine and it comes up with 82-0724
Operational Amplifiers
Audio op-amps
NE5532P DUAL LOW NOISE OP AMPLIFIER (RC)

what does the P mean after NE5532?, I know that most of the components will have additional letters and slight modifications.

Gonna be a long night.

peace

gerardmanvuca,

NE5532P.. dunno what the 'P' stands for, but I'm sure it will work fine :thumb:

its all to do with the packaging isnt it SIl, DIL PIl MIL etc

check the datasheets

I have some NE5532P, they are DIP package which I guess is what's used in the GSSL?

I used them in my greens and they work just fine.

Cheers

Nick

i found pretty much everything,
I'm having a hard time finding all resistors.

any tips, I'm looking on rapid electronics.

2pcs Resistor, 10 OHM METALFILM

Get their Metal film 1% resistor pack, you'll have 96% of the values needed and it's way cheaper in the long run.

Just let me know what you don't have for the Gssl in the pack and I'll send you the outstanding values, as I have bought all these in from Farnell.

hey,
having trouble finding

1pcs 7815 DC REGULATOR 15V/1.0A TO220

1pcs CERAMIC CAPACITOR 10pF 5mm pin spacing

would this be ok for all the metal film resistors

http://www.rapidonline.com/productinfo.aspx?kw=resistor%20kit&tier1=Electronic+Components&tier2=Resistors+%26+Potentiometer&tier3=Metal+Film+Resistors&tier4=MR25+Metal+film+resistor+kit&moduleno=65199#techspec

:cool:

1pcs 7815 DC REGULATOR 15V/1.0A TO220 = 47-3554

1pcs CERAMIC CAPACITOR 10pF = 08-0040 (this is 2.5mm spacing, but bend the legs out to make 5mm)

That's exactly the right resistor pack.

Sorry to be a real pain >>>

searched everywhere for these but can't find it.

does anybody know where I can find these?
thanks for the help guyz,

- 1pcs Resistor, 90.9K OHM METALFILM

the closest I found was PACK 100 91K 0.25W MF RESISTOR (RC)

- 1pcs Resistor, 127K OHM METALFILM

the closest I found was PK 100 130K 0.25W MF RESISTOR (RC)

:sad:

a 90.9 resistor??
when I can;t find them I just series or parallel them up so they match

What happens if I replace the 90.9K resistor with the 91K?
It appears that Gyraf's schematic shows the 91K and not the 90.9K on the daughter board.

: )

[quote author="gerardmanvuca"]What happens if I replace the 90.9K resistor with the 91K?
It appears that Gyraf's schematic shows the 91K and not the 90.9K on the daughter board.

: )[/quote]

90.9K is in tolerance, or as UK suggests you can make values with two resistors.. or if you have a Maplins near, pop in and get part M91K

Latest posts

Back