Tore Seem EQ - schematic or other info needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lasselakken

Hello there!

I just got hold of a Tore Seem EQ - the label with the model number on it is scratched a bit so its hard to see, but I think it says "F 2000 A".

Here's a few pictures:
DSC01762.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

I am trying to figure out how to power it up, but I have some trouble doing it. The Pin-out I got from the seller says:

Input:
pin 21: +
pin 3: -
pin 13: gnd

Output:
pin 15: +
pin 17: -
pin 13: gnd

Power 15V/2A
pin 10: +
pin 11: -
gnd to be soldered on a screw on the back

I tried using a standard 15V/800mA wall-plug adapter, but all I got when inserting the filter was a very distorted sound excactly the same as I got without power on the unit.

Any ideas, specs, info or diagrammes would be very much appreciated!

All the best
Lasse

... seconds after posting the above I got a mail from the former owner saying that it needs 2x15V - that explains why it didn't work yet. Still, if anybody has any info, please let me know. It's a real beauty isn't it?

Thanks! Yes, I did search and read that thread - interesting stuff, but nothing about this excact module, though.

It is a Tore Seem F2000. I have an original brochure. Here are the details from it:
input imp 2k min
output imp 0 ohms series with 100uF, load 600 ohms min
gain 0 dB +/-0.5dB
frq response 40Hz...15kHz +0/-0.5dB
noise 20-20k linear -90 dBu
distortion +9dBu 0,2% max, +20dBu 1% max
supply +/-12-16V (15V nominal)
current 4mA no signal, 22mA peak

pin 10 +15V, pin 11 -15V
pin 3 input, pin 21& 12 gnd
pin 17 output, pin 13 & 16 chassis

You can try www.seemix.no if the have schematics for it.

Thank you very much! That is useful info!

I'm a bit confused about the pin-out, though.
[quote author="audiox"]pin 3 input, pin 21& 12 gnd
pin 17 output, pin 13 & 16 chassis[/quote]
Does that mean that on the input pin 3 is +, pin 21 is - and pin 12 is gnd and on the output pin 17 is +, pin 13 is - and pin 16 is ground?? That would differ quite a lot from the pin-out I was presented to by the former owner. Or is this for unbalanced use? It is probably my lack of knowledge on this sort of stuff that shows right now.

[quote author="audiox"]The unit is unbalanced, not balanced.[/quote]
Ah, that explains a thing or two :wink:

I just got this pinout from Seemix:
Input 3/21
Output 17/16
+15V 10
-15V 11
0V 12
Chassis 13

Compared to yours I conclude that you suggest I connect the shield on the input cable to both pin 21 and the electrical gnd or 0V which is pin 12 and for the output cable I connect it to both pin 16 and pin 13 which is chassis. Is that right? If it is I would appreciate it a lot if you could explain why this is because I don't understand it fully.

Thanks for the help so far - it is much appreciated!

input pin 3, output pin 17
+15V pin 10
-15V pin 11
place link between pin 12 and 13 (connects chassis ground to signal ground)
after that pins 21,16,12 and 13 are all ground
use pin 21 for input cable shield, pin 16 for output cable shield and pin 12 for power supply ground

Did you get schematic from Seemix?

Lasselakken said:
:thumb:
Thank you! All clear now!

No, I didn't get schematics from Seemix - only pin-out.

Hello all, just for the benefit of interested people I upload the schematic of the Tore Seem F2000 eq. Cheers

Attachments

• Tore Seem F2000 Schematic.pdf
    447.3 KB · Views: 92
Thanks Joechris. No, unfortunately not. If I have the time to open the eqs and update the doc I'll sure upload the info here. I am not sure when I'll be able and also if I will be able to extract the needed info - I am a newbie here. I could send some detailed pics in case they are welcome.

Hello All, as requested I have uploaded the pdf in the Tech Docs forum. Cheers! http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=47720.0

Latest posts

Back