Sound samples

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, just a thought. Have you tried terminating the 1081 output with a 620 resistor? That's the load it would see in the console, I believe...

On the electrics I loved, positively loved, the neve. It may be the performance.

The amp sounds gorgeous.

While they all sound nice, its pretty clear the neve would sit in a mix better if thats what the intention was for the part. If on its own, I think the red does a very good job.

btw: who did the playing? Its really beautifully done. Love the sense of dynamics and pacing. Very musical.

You know, I'll have to open it up and see if I put that resister in there. I don't think I did. :roll:

I did all the playing for the recordings. I appreciate the kind words. My chops were better when I was in my 20's. Some other things were better in my 20's too.

I also think that the Neve would allow for more tracks than the redd. The redd is really a highlighting preamp IMO. Big sounding on vocals with an LA2A behind it.

Steve

I liked Redd the best, second is API which sounds very good too but different, on the third place is Neve.
Maybe you really should check if Neve is done as it should be.
And thanks for the samples, they are very interesting.

So, I added that 620R resistor to the output of the 1081 and it made a HUGE difference in the sound. The high end cleared up, the low end became fuller, and everything sounded more dimensional and smooth. I'm glad I did this little compare and contrast thing because I learned a good thing from it. Now I'm left wondering what else should have this load resistor on it.

Steve in :shock:

Regarding 600 ohm loading resistor: I would put switch so you
can switch it out when you drive 600 ohm input transformer. And regarding
samples, if you can, please record guitar with DI and reamp when
recording preamp samples (cus my brain always trips out on small
differences in playing so I cant focus enough on tonal differences)

cheerz and thanx

urosh

Latest posts

Back