Neumann TLM circuits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I'm new in this fotum and I'm french, so sorry mor my English !

I'm looking for the schematic diagram for a Neumann TLM103.

The link in this topic doesn't work anymore.

Is anyone can help me ?

Thanks a lot

Yes!  Back from the dead. 

I sent Gus a bunch of pictures of the TLM67 circuit boards, but I've no idea how much luck he'll have with photos of SMD layout. 

I have searched that schematic long time ago and I have found nothing about!!....if somebody can help me will be a great gift for me and us in this intense searching process!

Why is so difficult to get this schematic??

Opacheco.

Because Neumann doesn't fix these, they swap the entire board.  Thus, no one needs it from a service standpoint. 

emrr said:
Because Neumann doesn't fix these, they swap the entire board.  Thus, no one needs it from a service standpoint.

But they must have a schematic for!!....and someone must have it, the question is who??

Neumann will have it, but why should they just give it to you?
They will have spent a long time developing it, maybe there are proprietary parts to the schematic.
How much are you prepared to pay them for this info?

I got the impression that Gus (the first post in this topic) once tried to trace the TLM103 circuit?
Maybe he can help. I know he is an expert in reverse engineering!

Tracing the the 103 is not going to happen. I lent my 103  years ago and is has not been returned.

I gave up on the 67 trace from pictures. It has epoxy on some parts
If people want to trace this circuit two ways to try come to  mind
One apply a signal to the amp boards and measure the output frequency response and maybe even distortion then design a circuit to fit that.
Two remove the epoxy and trace and measure all the parts this could be be destructive and you could be left with a non working board.

Now if you want a solid state 67 circuit do what I have done.
Design a 120VDC powered solid state M269 like microphone.
I have built a 120VDC solid state 47 inspired microphone with a solid state gain section.  One of the next things  to build will be solid state M49c like circuit and solid state M269 circuit.

Came across this at some time - it may form the basis of someone's reverseengineering?

Absolutely no idea about accuracy...

Jakob E.

Attachments

• TLM103_begin_sch.pdf
    16 KB · Views: 203
gyraf said:
Came across this at some time - it may form the basis of someone's reverseengineering?

Absolutely no idea about accuracy...

Jakob E.

gyraf,
Thanks a lot for share with us your file!!

I will need to check it with my TLM103 now!...I let you know when I got it.

Opacheco.

Gus said:
The two output caps on mine are marked 47uf 50V. 
  AKG, mackie,neumann,rode and ? use this type of balanced drive.
Certainly the output caps on my tlm170 weren't great, changing them was monumental (sonically).

bockaudio said:
Certainly the output caps on my tlm170 weren't great, changing them was monumental (sonically).

bockaudio, what kind of caps did you use (type, brand and values)?
Thanks
opacheco

It is actually impedance-balanced.
Balance has nothing to do with having signal split between the two outputs.
It's still deeply impolite to put half of the signal onto the mike amp as a common mode error - this is what single ended drive means. Some mike amp circuit common mode behavior is not all that clean - have you ever seen a truly flat CMRR curve? Asking for trouble IMHO.

It's still deeply impolite to put half of the signal onto the mike amp as a common mode error - this is what single ended drive means. Some mike amp circuit common mode behavior is not all that clean - have you ever seen a truly flat CMRR curve? Asking for trouble IMHO.
So, according to that, any unbalanced stage is asking for trouble?

Latest posts

Back