Humble request regarding Calrec PCB

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aharon

Ok,as you may know I joined this wonderful forum not long ago and thanks to your kind help I now have 2 projects successfull under my belt.
Thee next for me to tackle is the SSL compressor,but my request is regarding the Calreq EQ ,project for which I have already started gathering parts and info.
The one thing that struck me as different from the other projects is that the PCB is not DIY friendly.Traces touch pads and pads touch each other unles under great magnification.
I played wit the resolution on my printer etc but the results are the same.
I'm aware of the option to buy a board but I'd love to give it a whirl first and see if I can make one at home.
Could the PCB be "cleaned" as the ssl was?
This would be of great help to all DIYers and specially to beginners.
Thanks to all
Aharon

Hi

I etched the calrec boards at home with the layout provided by Jakob and it worked out. I am alreay used to go over the home-made boards with a sharp knife before soldering the first parts in it and cut all the shorts.
Yes i got some more shorts than usually but no problems in finding them.

Maybe it's just me but i don't think the Calrec layout is that bad. The original SSL layout was way messier and it really had to be cleaned up.

Flo

[quote author="Aharon"]I played wit the resolution on my printer etc but the results are the same.[/quote]
What type of printer? If you print the drawings on a good laser printer, there should be no problems.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Thanks for the answers guys.
I like the layout ,it's just a little too close for klutzy DIYers(lol).
If I knew how to do it I would provide the service to the comunity myself and do a little retouching.
The printers are an HP 1200 Series 3in1 and an IBM LP40375E,one inkjet and the other laser.
Aharon

Latest posts

Back