GSSL comp finished - after 2 years of work!!! Pics inside!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilya

I know there're a lot of these babies floating around, but I just couldn't hold myself. I've finally built this! After some days of hum solving I had to design a completely new PSU pcb which was my first experience in such things. And it worked out quite well. The design of this GSSL is also my first one so I'd really appreciate any comments you guys could give.
Anyway! Here we go!
Front shoots:
front1.jpg

front2.jpg

Back shoot:

back.jpg

The guts:

top1.jpg

top2.jpg

I'm so happy I finished this one! Another one needs to be boxed. And after that I can go on with G9. Hope it won't take 2 more years :)

YAHAU!!!

[quote author="roginator"]really nice...and that are some BIIIIIG caps[/quote]

Yeah, they look a little bit awkward, but hey, they're Elna Cerafine. So who gives a f...?
I got them from Solen and they seem to have only 100V caps. I realised they were too big when they arrived. Too late...

You are using nice cerafines but are those polyesther caps with them? If u spend the bucks on cerafines don't skimp on the pollies. try some wima MKPs

Great packaging! Worth the 2 year build time, eh?

Thanks guys.
The front panel is sandblasted I guess. I wanted to go with brushed aluminum, but nobody here has the material so I went with sandblast paint which is close to aluminum texture.
I used just regular polys from farnell. If I'll have to make a gssl again I probably won't use elnas, better save them for something where they can have more influence like a preamp. I personally don't think wimas will make a big difference, and desoldering all those ploys is a pain, you know...

JoleFIN said:
How did you do the text on the front plate, with decals?

-J

No, it's silkscreened. I've ordered front panels at the local shop. Unfortunately they don't do small orders any more.

Great lookin piece, yeah those electro's are way too big !
There's plenty of good Panasonics around for the 22uf/100uf range.
I have used Wima and MKT poly's - no difference between 2 x GSSL's
I think those electro's quality counts more in the audio path.

MM.

Nice comp  ;)
I think those electro's quality counts more in the audio path.
Marty, i agree with this, all components in the audio path must be a good quality like WIMA and PANASONIC.

Latest posts

Back