will super/crazy glue eat through a PCB?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Got a couple of PCB's I need to attach stand-offs on and I am trying to avoid having to drill through the PCB.... Will crazy glue eat away a PCB?

If so suggestions on how to glue without eatting the PCB or having to drill it?

[quote author="pucho812"]Got a couple of PCB's I need to attach stand-offs on and I am trying to avoid having to drill through the PCB.... Will crazy glue eat away a PCB?

If so suggestions on how to glue without eatting the PCB or having to drill it?[/quote]

What's up with you and the crazy glue!!! Yesterday it was pennies to the sidewalk, now it's PCBs. Are you going to glues GSSL PCBs to the sidewalk to see who the techy nerds are? :green:

hey got a huge arse tube of the stuff, might as well use it. :green:

I was going to just glue a pot not a whole PCB and find the techy nerds.

I have seen stuff glued to boards before. so I am wondering what was used. It's most likly going to be metal standoff... which is why the crazy glue comes to mind...

[quote author="pucho812"]hey got a huge arse tube of the stuff, might as well use it. :green:

I was going to just glue a pot not a whole PCB and find the techy nerds.

I have seen stuff glued to boards before. so I am wondering what was used. It's most likly going to be metal standoff... which is why the crazy glue comes to mind...[/quote]

I've seen stuff glue to boards before, it kinda reminded me of thread lock. Maybe that will work?

dare I ask? what did she super glue it to? no I don't want to know...

I heard about one incident where the Mrs. had super-glued her husbands thingy while in "upright" position............. to his stomack.

:shock: :green:

Maybe, just maybe, its the same girl that Sea Jay is talking bout?

Could it be................perhaps ..................
.........a "serial gluer".................beware. :shock:

Paper Epoxy or Glass Epoxy PCB's, it is perfectly fine to use, in fact when mods are needed to production PCB's manufacturers will use it to hold down pieces of insulated wire for jumpers. Just don't use it on PVC :cry: it's not compatible with that. The fumes are nasty use plenty of ventilation.

Latest posts

Back