A great 16 channel summing mixer design from NewYorkDave!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya Chaps,
Just wondering has anyone got a copy of NYD's 16 ch passive summing box ? I got my hands on a nice pair of Neve germaium line amps, be just the ticket for them I reckon !!

All the links are down, I bloody had it saved from back in the day, but probably went in the great PC crash of '09 ;)

Steve

Kid Squid,

Here is NYD's balanced mix network.  This should be the same one magnetosound linked to 3 posts back.

If this needs to be taken down for any reason let me know.

-Casey

Attachments

• balancedmixnetwork.pdf
    8.3 KB · Views: 424
Actually, if you look at NYDave's link it was a different drawing he was posting on page 1.  It was called "16chpassivemxr.gif"

The one you posted was developed later...

tommypiper said:
Actually, if you look at NYDave's link it was a different drawing he was posting on page 1.  It was called "16chpassivemxr.gif"

The one you posted was developed later...

Noted.  But this should still do the job.

-Casey

Do the sizes of the resistors matter depending upon the number of channels you are summing? Need to know because I am building a 14-channel analog summing box.

Cheers fellas !!

Much appreciated.
I can also remember a while back, there was an add on, instead of the 4P3T rotary, there was a 'ruff' panning control, using a rotary switch.  Just giving a couple more positions, insteafd of just LCR.
why oh why did I not back it up......... Im still f**kin' kicking myself................

Regards,
Steve

Sorry to dig up this old thread but I am just about to build 4 Headphone Cue mixers with this circuit and I remember somebody said you can use dual 10k log pots for the inputs.
I have found a fantastic deal on Alps K faders dual 10ka and I dont want to spunk that kind of money (32 pieces) if someone can see a problem with this.

There are going to be 9 inputs on each cue mixer. 8 assignable channels and one talkback.

Ah the schematic is 6 posts earlier.

I'm about to build this as a basic 8 channel with no switches, panning, or volume control. Super simple. ;)

Would this design benefit from having super low tolerance resistors such as these?

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=MFP-25BRD52-10Kvirtualkey57620000virtualkey603-MFP-25BRD52-10K

If there is nothing to gain, then I won't use them, but if they do (even a tiny bit) I would like to go ahead and do it. This is an inexpensive project regardless of how much I spend on resistors, so I don't care about the extra cost.

Bumping this one to ask a  couple simple questions.

I'm planning to build a 24 channel (8 stereo and 8 mono) mixer using NY Dave's design.

I have the converters (IZ) which will be the source (50ohm) in another room. The balanced output cables are around 40 feet long feeding the summer.

This implies I definitely need a balanced network, but I'm still worried about possible noise. Input transformers in the summer are out of the question because of the quantity needed.

Will I be fine, considering I'll have EZ1290 preamps to do the makeup gain?

Also, i could splurge for a stereo pair of output transformers going out of the summing box, prior to  the 1290. Are we talking 600:600 ohm here? These would essentially be to save the expensive 1290 mic input transformers from any DC. Though the IZ converters I'm guessing are fine, who knows what will be plugged into this mixing network.

Latest posts

Back