About wiring a Langevin AM16 preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laus

Hello everyone

I just buy a AM16 preamp and I have some problems to wire it.

I use a JLM 3 rails PSU and a JLM GoBetween.

I put the strap for 600 ohms IN (strap S to V and connect input + to T and input - to U), put the strap for 600 ohms OUT (strap C to B and connect output + to A and output - to D).

Also I use the High Power connection (strap H to K) so I connect the PSU 0V to P and the PSU +24V to M.

I think all is good until now.

here are my questions :

- It's written on the AM16 documentation that "the negative side of the PSU must be grounded at one point, and only one point"
Is it possible to only use the 0v and +24v or do I need to connect the -24V of the PSU to the 0v?

- Where do I have to connect the shields of my input and output?

- I've read some people connect the J pin to the ground star point, is that right?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me?

Jul

don't tie the minus 24 to ground, if the 0 is grounded, or else you have -24 and 0 connected = fireworks, but you smarter than that right?

Original transformers and everything?
Do an A/B test on the extra pwr strap, less pwr might mean less noise, but then I remember some bloke who likes the unit strapped for the higher power.
not the same higher power as in AA, but an electrical higher power.

Exactly like your personal Jesus, only different.

iS THERE A BAND CALLED SPEARHEAD WITH mICHAEL fERANTE OR SOME FAMOUS DUDE IN IT?
i THINK THEIR PLYING TOMOROW NITE IN THE CITY, ANY6 GOOD?
THANKS
CJ

Latest posts

Back