favorite SMD discrete bipolar transistors?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikep

I wonder if anyone here has an opinion on this subject. Im trying to put together a list of surface mount BJT's to eval. SOT-23 singles and sot-636 (or similar) duals for analog apps. I'm currently using BC-850C/860C and 4401/4403 types. is there something better?

the primary reason for the duals is current mirror apps. I found this one, BCV62C looks promising:

http://www.nxp.com/acrobat_download/datasheets/BCV62_3.pdf

I guess bcarso has more to say on these duals than I would be qualified to. And it wouldn't be fair that I would be commenting on NXP-stuff, so let's see where this thread will be going....

W.r.t. the BC8x0-types though, if I understood it correctly these are nothing more or less than the SMD-versions of the well known BC5x0-types and we know that these are quite universally applicable for most things audio.

Cheers,

Peter

[quote author="mikep"]the primary reason for the duals is current mirror apps. I found this one, BCV62C looks promising:

http://www.nxp.com/acrobat_download/datasheets/BCV62_3.pdf[/quote]

Haven't played with those yet, but I suspect they are the version of the duals that are plucked from adjacent wafer positions, rtaher than being monolithic. So sometimes the matching is not as good, but you don't have the substrate to manage, so they can probably be very good for the app.

The nice part is the emitters are separated, so you can put in noise-reducing ballasting R's.

BCM857BS and BCM847BS have higher voltage ratings in case that helps. In addition to this I found datasheets for HN1A01F, HN1A01FU and HN3A56F from Toshiba on my HD and these look interesting as well. Didn't use any of the parts mentioned though.

Samuel

cool, Im going to try to get some of those HN* parts. Samuel is one of the most helpful people it seems. I hope I can return the favor sometime.

clint, do you work for nxp or something?
anyone know the scoup on infineon parts? are they on-par with the othar usual suspects as far as consistency? I dont think Ive ever seen a signal transistor from them.

Latest posts

Back