I would kill for a 1 channel Line only G9

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrioN

I've been having thought of make a small tube console for some time now, and the g9s Line section seems to be on the dot what a need, amplification wize.

I've looked at the schematic, and its very easy to exclude the features I don't need. But to make a PCB is the harder part. Its extremely hard to do. Since I know nothing about constructing them, it wouldn't be nice.
If I guess, there would be groundnoise and humm all over the place.

Can someone help me redesign it? If its ok with Jacob that is.

for line signals, i would only use the srpp stage, just like in the pultec. and bingo-there´s your pcb. if you need a pcb, it´s not many components.

-max

[quote author="gyraf"]For a single srpp-stage, maybe try the G-pultec amplifier section?

Jakob E.[/quote]
And to be wise with the resources of Mother Earth, I guess quite a few people who built a solid-state G-Pultec will have unused tube-section boards lying around.

Thats true. So basicly the mainboard is where the amplification goes down? Just jumper the "to filter" in/out right?

Can I use OEPs instead?
Where do I insert the volume pot?

Maybe use the pot in "to filter" in/out instead of the jumper
Like one pot leg to in, pot wiper to out and other pot leg to ground.
I have not tested this, so I don't know if that would work...

would this idea work for a 2 channel line mixer?

When I track guitars, it's usually a 57 blended with something else (generally a ribbon)

For now I just run the outputs of each into protools and bus it to a track.

I have 2 amplifier sections of the g pultec sitting not being used.

What would I need to do so that I could blend between the two channels.

I'm thinking that running the guitars through some extra transformers and tubes might be nice.

Back