DBX 128 Schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg

I did some searching and found some links, but I didn't see any schematics specifically for the DBX 128. I have a very faded, bad copy of the schematic, but parts of it can't be read. Does anyone have an electronic copy?

That's the one I had a print of, but now I read all of it !!!

I have one that's not passing audio... plan to start working on it tonight.

Thanks !!!

remove all vca and rms cards, then check the voltages...

regarding my dbx 128, one of these blue tantal caps had a fault and
shorted one power rail to ground...

Just read your post...

... I found the same exact thing. A tant on J14 was shorting out the -12V rail. I only had an electrolytic of the same value, so I replaced it and the compressor/expander part of the comp works great. One channel of the noise reduction is acting up, but I think I've found the source because the bad channel follows one of the cards. Will work on it again later this week.

About 18 years ago I had two of the 128s. Also had a pair of 160s.
I knoticed that you could literaly bandsaw the DBX section off and double mount like the 160 pair. There was little rewiring needed since the two sections of the circuit are independant and the p.s. is on the comp/exp side.

Wish there were pictures. Looked and worked great on live vocal steroe mix and the expander worked great with just a touch on toms submix.
It could put nice impact to an otherwise lame tom fill.
Don't have it anymore. Bass player of the band I was traveling with borrowed it for his studio........haven't seen him in 10 years.

Not sure if I actually ever had a schematic. Will check.

Bill

Latest posts

Back