help in figuring out what kind of tube this is.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

So the guy who works our Air Condition system at work is a guitar amp nut. I helpped him out with some minor amp things like some NOS tubes for his Marshall and he gave me what he says is an old amp from a movie projector. It's looks circa 1950-60 and is a complete with Jensen speaker, power amp, pre amp,metal speaker grill and old vinal tolex. Totally thinking to make it into guitar amp. IN fact i think if I just get it up and running that it would work just fine without tweeks. I'll post some photos later on when I take them. Anyway I am trying to figure out what the power tubes are. They are not labeled and look Like coke bottle 6L6's I'm not certain but they are 8 pin power tubes.
Look like this one here
http://www.srs-webstore.com/images/shu6l6.jpg
What would be a good way to determin what kind of power tube it is aside from powering it up and taking measurements on the different pins :?

tibes have western electric 421A on the bass in yellow.hmmmm :?

Its a strange thing sometimes (I won't say funny!). You are trying to problem-solve, you think and think, you Google and Blackle and Ask Jeeves. And then you decide to finally bother someone else with the question that just has you STUMPED! And during the process of typing up a description of the problem it triggers something that doesn't really become a real, actual thought until you type that last punctuation mark and sign off. And then...

The solution falls into your own darn lap like a dead, smelly fish.

The human mind is an amazing (though really frustrating sometimes) thing!

Peace!

Latest posts

Back