Eventide H3000 Harmonizer is a bit ill... Schottky Rectifier

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlympicPhil

Hi all,

I've got an H3000 on my workbench with no screen action.

There's some power to the board, but while probing around I've found a component that isn't doing what I'd expect.

The component in question is a SR3030 Schottky Rectifier, which is receiving an AC input of 7V to each of the input pins, but only giving an output of 0.5V DC.

I have no schematic so I'm blind-probing, and I've never come across a Schottky before but I have doubts that we have need for a 0.5V rail inside this thing, which makes me think that this component (or the transformer that's feeding it) is at fault.

Does anyone have any ideas, any info of what a schottky actually does, or a schematic of an H3000 that they wouldn't mind sending me a copy of?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Phil,

All I can offer is a little bit of info on Schottkys. Their primary characteristic is a low forward voltage drop. Is the device you have a SR3030A or C? The A version is common anode, the C version is common cathode. I'm going to guess that you have an A version that is being used as a two diode full wave rectifier and you are seeing 7Vac on pins 1 and 3 to gnd? And the 0.5Vdc voltage on pin 2 to gnd? Yes? Not what i would expect either.

Maybe lift pin 2 and see what you get.

HTH!

Back