another rev.D (mnats edition) finished!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dissonantstring

i decided to just post a new topic for my recent 1176 Rev.D build (mnats edition).
thank you to mako (mnats) for the board and ed anderson for the output transformer. could not have done this without you guys. the switches were from a group buy organized a long time ago by uberjam. i got the UTC 0-12 for a really good deal from Andy's Garage thanks to CJ and Andy! thank you all! i still haven't put it through it's paces unfortunately, but it works and sounds fine and is calibrated.

front panel
inside

i've built the tangible technologies SL-1176, a G1176 (which I will be convertig to a dual), mnats 1176 Rev.D and trying to finish an MC76. i think that will be all the 1176 type compressors i'll ever need and was only possible with the help of some great people on this forum.:guinness:

thank you to everyone in the LAB for the info on this build. greatly appreciated!

edit: i almost forgot to thank Frank (NRGRecording) for his front panel template designs. i've used quite a bit of his designs and have modified many of my project front panels ! for this Rev.D i pretty much used Frank's 1176 template exactly. :thumb:
-grant

thanks radiance.
as for the sound, i don't want to say too much right now since i haven't really had time to use it in recording. i'll say that from my first impressions, there is more coloration from the Rev.D version (actually a tad more colored than an original Rev.D i used before - now that i think about it, but it's been a while). my Rev.D does have the Rev.D sound.
the G1176 i built with mnats rev.H boards has the IC input and OEP out and it sounds cleaner than the Rev.D, still punchy but cleaner. i will be turning it into a dual G1176 in the future with the LL1521 inputs i got from tommytones though, but might try to implement a switch for different inputs.
i like both a lot but for different things.
regards,
grant

That's such a professional job, it's intimidating.
Awesome, Grant!

--Brian

Latest posts

Back