Cleaning Mackie Control Universal Faders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siegfried Meier

Can this be done? I remember speaking with someone years ago and they said just replace them, but I've already done that to 4 of them. If there's a way to clean them so they don't get all gummy, I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks guys,
Sig

Mackie Control faders have a small cord wrapped around a pulley, which is attached to a motor. The fader runs in a guide, attached to the cord.

A common fault, is the cord jumping off the pulley, by forcing the fader either against or away from the direction of travel, when being moved by automation.

Got this info from a Mackie service centre.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Thanks for the info guys. I actually don't read German very well, but I was able to put it into a translator and get most of the info out of it. My problem is not that it's jumping out of the pulley, but they just become a little resistive, and don't fully calibrate themselves on startup or always read the values back correctly, which then requires a shutdown, put the fader manually all the way to the top, then start back up.

I'll try some of the compressed air, and then maybe take the fader apart and see what I can lightly grease in there.

Thanks!
Sig

The gist of the German post is that it isn't a real fader in the sense of potentiometer. Values are read optically. Compressed air should help, hopefully.

Back