Philip Giddings - his Audio Installation book

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomWaterman

Yo folks!

Does anyone have this book?

Philip Giddings, Audio Systems Design and Installation - Focal Press

It's listed in the META but can't find it anywhere reasonably priced.

I emailed Focal Press a week ago but have had no reply....is it out of print?
There was one copy on Amazon 2nd hand for £995.00!!!!! What! Thats crazy shizzle. Worse than Tremaine.

Anyone have it - know where to get it?

Cheers T

Ouch!

I have a copy - excellent reference book. It's been my wiring bible. Looks like I'll have to move it to the safe deposit box :grin:

The bible = exactly! And god knows what I'll do if I can't get a bible...maybe turn to the darkside and run all my cables unshielded with no star grounding!!!!

Glad you have a copy...don't suppose you got it recently in the US??

Need webshop...need webshop....must find...

Thanks anyway.
-T

The tech book market has been displaying some extreme gyrations since the advent of the net. One good thing about it: sellers can check on other sellers' prices and pull something out of storage to post and sell, and be more likely to move it in a hurry.

My note in the Brewery that Cherry and Hooper, Amplifying Devices and Low-Pass Amplifier Design, was available at a still-pricey ~270 bucks, followed a situation where the only copy that showed up was about 5 or more times as much.

I guess the message is: keep checking sites like Bookfinder.com periodically, and you may get lucky and catch something that comes up for less than the king's ransom price.

Yeah thats true Brad.

I might have to bite the bullet and get it a price that is still expensive yet a bargain compared to £1k!!!

Pucho gave me the heads up on bookfinder.com and a few places US side that appear to sell it but they are out of stock.

As far as I can tell its Out of Print...which is a bummer.

Might try calling Focal early next week. I hear they are pretty bad at emails.
-T

Jens that is totally awesome of you thanks for the offer!

I can send you some stuff in return as a gesture of thanks...

If I can't find in a week or so - I'd like to take you up on your offer.
I reckon a 2 week loan would cover it...I can scan the interesting bits.

Name your price...I have a bunch of Melcor PCBs you can have or a Forssell opto board...just one though as I'm keeping the other to finish off for me.

Cheers Tom

Hmm thanks Voodoo.

Is this biblio place reputable? Still £150 with shipping....

I'm not so sure about spending that much now with Jens offer...but thanks anyway.

-T

[quote author="TomWaterman"]Hmm thanks Voodoo.

Is this biblio place reputable? Still £150 with shipping....

I'm not so sure about spending that much now with Jens offer...but thanks anyway.

-T[/quote]

I've dealt with that first seller, Scientek, before, and they are reliable. But I recommend you use bookfinder.com, searching with both author/title and also ISBN. They cover the waterfront (or Waterman?). Once in a great while they will be unable to contact one of the other sites on their search, but otherwise they search all sites.

PS: sometimes they get a hit but it turns out to be unavailable when you go to that site. For example there is supposedly a B&N copy at about $173 but B&N says it is not available.

Yeah thats what happened to me...lots on these finder sites but not in stock with actual sellers.

I am waiting on another book from a similar shop that is running late so I'm getting dubious.

This summer is book buying summer!!! woo
-T

Back