tattoos

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EEMO1

started my first tattoo today. it's going to cover most of the left side of my body, from the armpit to the waist. it's going to be big.

couldn't take more than 2 hours. fucking hell, the pain! still burns like hell. yeah, im pussy. im going to complete it no matter what. if it's going to be 2 hours at a time, so be it...

tell me about yours.

i know what you mean dave. i feel that certain images and styles are becoming a bit "cheesy".

over here, tribal tattoos was the shit a few years back. around the arm etc. not in a million years could i take one of those.

i feel good about my tattoo. i can wear a suit to work and no one can imagine the big tattoo that im going to have... :)

Is it the blueprint designs to a prison?
That would be cool....hmmm or maybe the schematic to a 1073?

I don't have one and don't think I ever will...but they look cool on some people.

Good luck with it.
The band I was in as a kid tried to persuade me to get one as some sort of 'initiation' but I'm glad I held off...I'm too fickle.

Not keen on women with tats to be fair...unless they are really discrete.

-Tom

I've got two small tattoos that I like to call my "anti-tattoos". I got them in the early 90's just before tattoos were becoming mainstream, but after they had become almost cliche in rock and roll (I think it may have been mandatory to get a pseudo-Maori arm band back then). I have a small smiley face on my big toe. It makes me happy when I am taking a shower, and hopefully it will cheer up the person that has to put a tag on it when I am dead. My old room mate got the same tattoo on her toe with me, so I also think of her when I look at it.

I've also got a black band around my right ring finger. It is purely decorative, and it always makes me smile when I tell people that it doesn't mean anything. For some reason, people who care about tattoos seem to find that rather appalling. If I don't like the way a person is asking me what it means, I'll tell them that it is the Chinese symbol for "circle". A few of them have bought that line without further question.

I've been thinking about getting another tattoo, but I haven't had any good ideas yet. I am thinking about something absurd or arbitrary, like a large black square on my arm, or a porkchop on my ass. I also thought about getting the words "Did you try your other pants?" tattooed on my left forearm for the next time I loose my keys.

-Chris

A bad boy could have a cutting diagram tattooed all over:

pigcuts.gif

Not sure what kind of a bacon you would get out of a human though.

I always liked the idea of old-school WW2 tattoos, battleships and anchors... like Popeye!

I don't mind a couple of nice tattoos on a girl, but if she's covered with them, that's a turnoff. And it doesn't get better with age.

As a wise person once said, the growth industries of the future are tattoo removal and gay divorce!

[quote author="NewYorkDave"]As a wise person once said, the growth industries of the future are tattoo removal and gay divorce![/quote]

Yes! Invest in laser technology, for the tats and for cosmetic surgery. Millions will pay billions for it..

I escaped the hype as well by painting any tat idea on a t shirt and wearing it. Invariably I would get bored with the image and be glad it was on a shirt and not inked under my skin. Curse of the pragmatic. . .

And we can always get them when all the runes, barbed wire, polynesian motiffs etc. have sagged down to the others' wrists and ankles! Yes. Tats at age 70, fresh as a daisy. . . dripping with bloooood!
Mike

[quote author="NewYorkDave"]I used to want one... But now that everybody has them, from teenage girls to middle-aged housewives, I'm glad I never got one.[/quote]

Yeah, me too. Though there are some really nice ones here and there, I don't see the point in putting one on myself.

[quote author="NewYorkDave"]
As a wise person once said, the growth industries of the future are tattoo removal and gay divorce![/quote]

That is too funny.

I have a tattoo story that causes me to nearly blush just remembering it. When I get a chance I'll relate it. It has bearing to some extent on both of the growth industries above.

[quote author="NewYorkDave"]I always liked the idea of old-school WW2 tattoos, battleships and anchors... like Popeye![/quote]

There's a frail older gentleman in my neighborhood, he's about 80-something .
Both his arms (and probably more).....are completely tattooed, and faded.
Back in his day, this was not common. I'd imagine he has one hell-of-a life story.

I'm unstamped.

_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_

Anyone see "The Pillow Book"  by Peter Greenaway??
[edited for graphic content]

Yeah, tattoos don't improve with age. When I was a kid, I admired my Dad's panther tattoo. Decades later, it's mutated into an indistinct dark blob. You can't even tell what it was supposed to be.

When I was growing up, having a tattoo meant you were a sailor, a Marine or just some sort of badass or hell-raiser. It had a real mystique then... If you saw someone with tattoos, you knew he was someone you didn't wanna mess with.

I have 6 tattoos of various things, in various places. Some very large. The way un-tattooed people talk about them is pretty amusing to me. Once they've healed, you don't really notice them anymore. I mean, you do, but it's just another part of you. And every time someone asks me what I'm going to think about them when I'm old I always have to reply that my tattoos are not likely going to be the least attractive of my features. More likely it'll be my wrinkles, fat, baldness, etc. It just seems silly to preserve your perfect skin for a time that it going to be irrelevant.

Now I'm not saying everyone should have one. It's a totally personal decision. I like mine and I'm going to get some more at some point.

Matt

I have one tattoo. It bears much significance.

SSPX0273.jpg

It's the date I lost 3 of my good friends. I was 16 years old. Long story short, I got home from school and took a nap. I woke up to friends calling and news stories about three kids from my school killed in a car accident. I found out it was my friends. I miss them everyday. So, when a decade passed and I was still thanking them for what I learned from their passing, I figured owed them something. I got the date tattooed on my wrist.

I have plans for more in the next year. A tattoo of one of my grandfather's WW2 medals and another tribute to a friend who passed last year. If they mean something, I'm all for them. :thumb:

[quote author="fucanay"] The way un-tattooed people talk about them is pretty amusing to me.[/quote]

Heh, heh. Ain't that the truth. This reminds me of the recent thread about the oft-recited "Those who can't do..." There is a certain inscrutibility for the uninitiated.

I have 8 tattoos, most of my left arm is covered and the right side of my chest. In a week or so I begin work on a solid sleeve on my right arm.

Another planned piece is a copy of my grandfather's tattoo that was given to him in a German POW camp where he was held during WWII.

My bandmate just got his first last week, a guitar cable rapped around his arm. Pretty indubitable if you ask me.

I used to really want a tat as well, until a good friend of mine showed me the one he got in Auschwitz.

Edit. I should add that I don't find tattoos a problem, I've seen great ones recently, I'd just personally feel wierd turning up to see my friend sporting a tattoo.

[quote author="Viitalahde"]A bad boy could have a cutting diagram tattooed all over:

pigcuts.gif

Not sure what kind of a bacon you would get out of a human though.[/quote]
I want this one... that is awsome.

Latest posts

Back