Song mixed with my own DIY gear (Sound file added!)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the guitars are a bit opaque for my taste. can you record something before the speaker emulator? maybe you can try some impulses :grin: if you put it in parallel will not harm. you have the warm of the analog speaker simulator and the exact freq responce of the impuse.

It's not easy to make them perfect, I know. This was the best I could pull out of the sound. I'll try impulses next time.

I plan to build an ISO BOX aka Randall but also with 6" speaker inside. This is a very good trick I heard somewhere.
You don't need to run it loud at all and there is plenty off bass. I will record it in parallel with Motherload and you can
also lower the level going to the speaker with Motherload and have the amp cranked up. Will see how it goes next time.

Hey Purusha!

Nice work man! very powerfull as always ;)
Talking about your DIY gear, where did you bought the LA-2A PCB? did you make it yourself???
I already have my dual 1176LN and GSSL working! amazing sound man ;) witch new DIY gear you suggest me to do after that ones?
Thanks
Nice work one more time! hope to hear more from your work soon! I'll post some songs that I produced in a near future ;) hehehe

Cheers :guinness:

Eddie :thumb:

Hello Eddie,

thanks for the appreciation :grin:

Email Drip Electronics (Gregory Lomayesva) for the LA-2A boards. he is selling also the T4Bs BTW. Good price.

I would go with dual LA-2A and a dual Pultec, maybe some JLM Baby animal preamps as well. :thumb:

Ok Purusha!

The Drip Electronics appears to be "dead"... no link, and already "googled" and nothing gets me to Drip Electronics :?

I´m finishing a dual NEVE 1073 (from M. Adriannse) the EZ1290... so after that maybe I start the Pultec ;)

Justy one more thing, the Mastering is great, but a little bit hi ends for my taste, but works fine and don't take off any song's impact! nice sound at all!
I use to mastering when I do rock/hard rock with David Torrey from DRT Mastering -> www.drtmastering.com the guy use a lot of analog gear and the tracks came back always huge and tight... he has some audio samples in the site... just check it out if you never heard abou it!
Nice job Purusha!
Keep on mettalin' hehehehe

[quote author="Purusha"]It's not easy to make them perfect, I know. This was the best I could pull out of the sound. I'll try impulses next time.

I plan to build an ISO BOX aka Randall but also with 6" speaker inside. This is a very good trick I heard somewhere.
You don't need to run it loud at all and there is plenty off bass. I will record it in parallel with Motherload and you can
also lower the level going to the speaker with Motherload and have the amp cranked up. Will see how it goes next time.[/quote]

Or, just use a couple of great amps with 4x12's miked up in a real room. :grin:

I found the album sounds good. It has some Indie sound to me but still sounds very good.

Nice!!

what's the name of your studio Tat?

Back