Guitar FX switching question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorhifikit

Hi all ye wizards. I'm building a relay switching/looper type device for a guitar pedalboard and have a switching/loading question (actually two).

In an FX loop with guitar pedals, is it wise to load the signal returns with some resistance like this:
signal_switch.gif

or will this change the sound of finicky pedals?

And does that R/C network look like it will keep the popping to a minimum with the relays?

Thanks oh wise ones!

try and see
15 second experiment with a yellow jumper wire with alligator clips and a 270k resistor.
i would find something to minimize switching noise, like a 10 meg resistor across the contacts at all times, see old pultec schemo i think
yes it has to be yellow, to keep the sound mellow

I guess you're right. I was in the midst of drawing the circuit board to hold the relays and jacks and was looking for the "yeah, that's perfect" answer so I could etch this crap before sundown...

I'l have to clip this mess together and plug it into an amp!

Your avatar makes me feel like Lemmy is giving me advise!

"i don't want to live forever"

and yes, Clark and Lemmy, that was it, but it couldn't last, don't you see?

anybody got any hawkwind bootlegs?

[quote author="CJ"]and yes, Clark and Lemmy, that was it, but it couldn't last, don't you see?[/quote]
That 'About The Making of AOS'-DVD is strange/sad/funny, as in that they play a few songs again, with CJ & Phil playing together and Eddie edited in later on...

anybody got any hawkwind bootlegs ?
Got a weird live 12" with talk about heavy mic-stands, but not sure if it was a regular release or not....

Latest posts

Back