Siemens V272 + Neumann W444A Help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrek

Hello Folks, this is my firt post here at the lab, i read the forum from long time ago, always great information, kubarth dot com is an infinite bible of schematics that help a lot and also here great members share very delicate data on DIY.
i am building with the help of a tech, an hybrid API/SIEMENS/NEUMANN board, i will be posting pictures as soon i finish it, near the end of the year, i hope. i have almost everything figured out, some little things pending, one of them is this:
i have a V272, amp, that i want to use as mic preamp, and also a NEUMANN W444A active mono fader. i know modifications can be done to control the gain of the V272, my friend says he may be able to insert a penny&g passive fader somewere in the V272, afer he check the schematics, but if that is possible, this W444 fader wont be able to work, because it has some gain of its own (15db i think). my question is, is there a way to use these two modules together ? to control the gain of the V272 with the W444A, plus the gain of the active fader ? can this be done ? is it worth ? or just use the preamp with a custom control gain, and keep the fader for later.
i really like the construction of german gear, its amazing, but i was more impressed when i opened the fader and saw it inside, mechanically perfect designed, flawless (i think), and some cool transformers and a opamp also. i know it was ment as a fader, but something cool can be done with it, maybe to add some color and control to a DI, or whatever..
hope to hear some feedback, at least that i am crazy... :)
thanks a lot in advance

Patricio

:thumb:

Latest posts

Back