Original schematic of SSL 9k mic pre

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintrubber

Trying this one in a new question; previous attempt in the dedicated thread didn't succeed:

Out of curiousity, is the original SSL-schematic of the 9k preamp available somewhere ?

The search-function here didn't... etc and just for fun it'd be nice to have a look at the original document if possible, just like
we could for the Green-pre.

Peter

[quote author="rascalseven"]I've got it in a PDF (from a 9000J manual) if someone will host it.

Where should I send it?

JC[/quote]
Nice !

How big is it ? Could it be placed at the twin-x/groupdiy-site ?
( http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/ ) or here:

The GroupDIY Gmail account:

Go to http://www.gmail.com
Username: groupdiy
Password: thelab

Please use this account only for stuff worth some degree of permanent archiving,
otherwise use photobucket or the Twin-X service..

Thanks,

Peter

Yes, When in doubt, always ALWAYS! email a copy of an interesting schematic to our common address:

groupdiy at gmail.com

:razz:

On information of how to access this, see the Meta-meta.

Jakob E.

Sent to the gmail account. Do with it as you wish.

FWIW I also have copies of the 9000J dynamics section, line input amp, track mix amp, and group and tape monitors. Should I scan those and pass them along as well? (Is this a dumb question?)

:grin:

JC

After seeing these schematics I can imagine the TL052 is hard to get :wink:

It's actually interesting, as I understood it soundwise both the SSL 9k pre & the Green are in the same ballpark,
yet they each use the opposite of each other w.r.t. AC-coupling: electrolytics (Green has relatively a lot of them in the signal path) vs servo's of the SSL 9k.
FWIW, there's of course more to it than just caps, but still...

Anyone still have the original schematic? Know i had it couple of years ago but i have lost it and it's not uploaded to the "technical documents" section.

Same, been looking for a while.

I believe there is a 9000J manual with schems in the groups gmail account (if it still exists) but I dont have the "new" password.

Anyone?  :-*

Back