Aces(UK) MT-16 Tape machine

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TornadoTed

My friend has an Aces(UK) MT-16 2" 16 track tape machine in pretty decent shape but needs work. Anyone know anything about it, he is particulaly after a schematic.

I have a colour leaflet for the ACES MT series multitrack machines in my file - together with a schematic of the channel module.

I will scan this later and send it to you. Back in the '80s I used to look after one of these machines - and it must be admitted that it was pile of do do - the passage of 20+ years will not have helped improve it I fancy!

The main problems were mechanical, as I remember, with particular problems with the control of the actuating solenoids. Seriously - if you want to commit to analogue magnetic recording - don't waste any time on this machine, buy a secondhand Studer or 'name' machine of high repute!

John G

AudioJohn, thank you very much. I don't want the thing, too much hassle and expense for my level of clients!

My friend got it in exchange for an unpaid bill and doesn't really do the internet so asked me to look for him.

I think he just wants to experiment with mods and tweaks on it really and see what could be done with it. I don't know if that extends to modding any of the mechanics.

My email is, giantwafer at btinternet dot com

I have sent the information to Ted - if anyone else is interested - send me an e-mail via my Web site and I will be happy to send it in PDF form (the schematic is a single A4 scanned sheet - the leaflet is 4 pages in colour - about 4 Meg file).

www.orchid-electronics.co.uk

John G

[quote author="AudioJohn"]- and it must be admitted that it was pile of do do - [/quote]
Abso-Friggin-Lootlie.

See here for more info:

http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/mv/msg/14029/0/0/2172/

http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/mv/msg/14391/0/0/2172/

Keith

Latest posts

Back