parts list for forsell opto comp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still waiting tomie said he would begeing a list back from his board fabficator soon I'll post it whan i have it Wil

Alright guys, I've managed to tear myself away from the action and make some time to put this parts list together. I've sent it to Flo cause I have no place to host it. I'm sure he'll pop up here and let us all know where to DL it from.

For those who might not have seen it in the market, there's gonna be a slight delay on the boards because of a problem at the factory (some new guy did something bad). It shouldn't be too long. Gives us time to gather some parts :green:

Yes i just got the parts list from Tom, thanks for it.
However i got a problem reaching my webhost. The whole german tripod site seems to be down. (i guess my avatar also shouldn't be working).
As soon as the site is up again i will upload it and post the link.
Right now i can only offer to send the list to everybody who posts his email address in here.

Sorry for the situation.

Flo

Ok Tripod is back up so i could upload the parts list.
You can find it here:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/InfernalDeath/Forssell_Opto_Parts_rev1.pdf

I just hope it will be available for a while without going down again.

Flo

Ok i went through the parts list and made myself a parts list (with order numbers from my supplier).
There are some things that are unclear. Hope it's ok to post them here.

I got the layout which was posted in the big forsell thread. I guess this isn't the newest version as it lacks the linking option. But on this layout there are 3 capacitors which aren't mentioned in the parts list.
Those are C2,C3 and C4 (near the discrete opamp output section). Now there are C9 and C10 in the parts list under the PSU section which don't fit into the layout so my guess is that C9 and C10 from the parts list are C3 and C4 on the layout. Can anyone confirm this ?
But what's with C2 ?
I also can't find C43 from the layout. It's a elco and located around the led ic.
Also got a problem with C17 and C16. Judging from the parts list those are 12uf 35v elcos. But this value is very uncommon so i am wondering if two 10uf 35v are ok ?
RV1 is a 10k pot i guess. But linear or logarithmic ? Don't know what's the A-suffix in 10k_A although i guess it's about linear/logarithmic.

Any tips on which kind of output transformer for the NE5534 output section ? I'd like to get something from OEP because i can get them and they are cheap (and not bad).

The 48V power transformer i guess is a 2x24V transformer right ?

Is there a way for a stereo unit to just stuff one board with the onboard section of the psu and from there feed the regulated voltages to the other board or does every channel have to be fitted with the onboard psu section ?

Ok i guess that's it for now. If i find something new i will post. Hope this helps somehow other people having the same problems. And sorry if any of those questions are dumb :green:

Flo

Thanks for the answer. There are 4 boards coming for me (actually 10, but 4 are for me) so i want to make 2 stereo pairs. 1 stereo pair with the discrete input and output and the other pair with the ic solution. It's really cool to have those options. :thumb:

Flo

Where do we get our hands on a Forssell 990-2 Opamp for those of us who missed the group buy??

Check out www.forsselltech.com:

http://www.forsselltech.com/products.htm

You can buy them direct from Fred. For the opto compressor you might
be able to get away with using the DLR-1 as the input buffer. This
will save you $$$ over going with a 992 for the input.

Cheers,

Kris

Hi!

Thanks for the parts list - thats really great!

I have one question, that I can't quite figure out from looking at the boards....is there a jumper selection needed to select fred or butta's output stage?

I was thinking about the possibility of adding a toggle switch and populating both amps, to have a hifi/vintage switch for tonal variation? Or is it just a case of one or the other?

Would that be possible from the board layout?

Cheers Tom

Also does anybody fancy getting some DLR-1s as a group buy for the input buffer?

I too am looking to do the same to the output drivers. I think you can but you better ask Tom just to be sure .

What is the DLR_1s ? Price?

Which of these opamps can be used?

990 www.johnhardyco.com [$46.00]
992 www.forsselltech.com [$65.00]
JLM99 www.jlmaudio.com [$54.50]

Any others? Please list them here with a link where they can be bought and for what price.

-ChuckD

Latest posts

Back