Need help about a tech doc in german

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaheu

I've just bought an engraving machine that is broken.
I'd like to use it for may rack engraving and milling but...

The controller of the machine is out of order so I have to replace it.

I have some docs mostly in german, the doc I need the most is about the connection table between the controller (which I need to replace) and the 3 motor drivers

Will somebody help to translate the following ?

- TAKT
- TOR
- VOLL/HALB
- SCHEISSER (SCHLEIBER ?) RELAIS
- RICHTUNG
- GND TREIBER
- BOOST

- TAKT = pulse, stroke, tact, clock, timing...
- TOR = door, gate
- VOLL/HALB = full/half
- SCHEISSER (SCHLEIBER ?) RELAIS iam not sure if scheisser is correct? :green: Scheisser means "bugger" - schleiber? never heard of it
- RICHTUNG = direction, sense..
- GND TREIBER = Ground Driver
- BOOST = boost?

Whats the brand of the machine?

If you need a new controller you can win a very nice USB controller here:
http://www.boenigk-electronics.com/web/de/verlosung.html
(you have to enter your adress there)
Iam using the same controller.

smcd4.jpg

The machine is big Kulmann from Germany of course :cool:

Hey if it's a shit relay, I don't want to put 24V on it :cool: That's for sure :green:

I think I'll use Gecko controller (up to 6 axis) as it is compatible with MACH3 software which I will use to run this machine.

Thanks for the help guys :thumb:

hmm... that makes sense! :green:

maybe its a "schliesser relais"? = normally open (maybe for the spindle on/off) ?
if its neither a "schliesser" (normally open) nor a "öffner"(normally closed).. its without much doubt a shit relay! :cool:

kuhlmann seems to be anything else than shitty :wink:

(kuhlmann = coolman) :cool:

If your kuhlmann has a surface sensor I would try to find a software which supports the surface sensor. Surface sensors rulez! :thumb:
Do you have a HSC spindle with tool changer?

nrgrecording,

Thanks for your replies.

The machine is huge, working surface is 1200X900 mm, the machine weights 2 Tons ! It has also 2 high speed spindle up to 60000 rpm, but no tool changer, but each spindle is adjustable with a micrometric screw for the cutting depth. The table is a "T" sloted on the whole surface and on this table I have a big vacuum table.

I don't think there is surface sensor input available, the GECKO motion I would like to use http://www.geckodrive.com/product.cfm?pid=17
There is some analog inputs, but I don't if it would be possible to connect a laser distance sensor, so the depth would be "corrected" in real time, that would :thumb: , but I need to investigate more.

I'll post some photos later.

nrgrecording,

Thanks for your replies.

The machine is huge, working surface is 1200X900 mm, the machine weights 2 Tons ! It has also 2 high speed spindle up to 60000 rpm, but no tool changer, but each spindle is adjustable with a micrometric screw for the cutting depth. The table is a "T" sloted on the whole surface and on this table I have a big vacuum table.

I don't think there is surface sensor input available, the GECKO motion I would like to use http://www.geckodrive.com/product.cfm?pid=17
There is some analog inputs, but I don't if it would be possible to connect a laser distance sensor, so the depth would be "corrected" in real time, that would :thumb: , but I need to investigate more.

I'll post some photos later.

Whaoo.
Thats a heavy machine. :shock:
Two spindles? One for you and one for me? :green:
Inclusive frequency inverter and liquid cooling system? What was the price for all this? I paid around 6k for mine.

Frank.

Don't throw me tomatoes :oops: :oops:

In fact I've got 2 machines, a customer of mine bought them for peanuts 3 years ago and after taking the dust for a long time he asks me to repair one so he can resell it and if I manage to repair the first one, the second is for me, for free :grin: .

You can imagine that I'm really motivated to get mine

Nrgrecording, in total I've got 7 spindles, I think they are air pressure cooled and lubricated, 4 should still work, the 3 others need some repair (don't know yet if this is mechanical or electrical issues).
With these spindles I've got 4 generators, but 1 is fried. I've got also a spare vacuum pump.
These machines are f***ing heavy and bulky, so I don't have them by hand, they are in a friend's workshop.

nrgrecording, have you checked the link for the gecko interface ?
What do you think, is it worth ?

The "problem" whit these machines is that the use 5 phases step motor (500 step per rev.) which is fine for accuracy and speed, but this technology is quite old fashioned nowadays, but fortunately, the motor drives are still OK, I need to check them in details.

When I'm done with these machines, maybe I'll have some spare parts for you nrgrecording :wink:

Machine4free... thats a good deal for you. :thumb:

Iam still using the cheap router which is very loud obove 20000 turns/min. :cry: I need a hf spindle - soon. :wink: If you have any for sale (60.000 turns max, liquid cooled, pneumatic tool changer, 1kW) let me now. The generators should have a 1,2-10V input for roation speed control but they're easier and cheaper to get than the spindles.

A friend bought one of the geckos for his machine. He installed the gecko so that he can use his optimum bf-20 with the MACH software. Works very good!

Frank.

Back