SUMTHING FRONT PANEL MEASURES - DOUBLE CHECKING !!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purusha

Sumthing.jpg

Above is the new solution. Holger rechecked everything and updated me on the correct measures.
It will be most safe to skip the small windows from 1-16 as every soldered PCB will differ from another so there is no other way.
Holger has two boards soldered by the same person and the push buttons already differ regarding the precision.

Sumthingmeasures.jpg

We need someone else to check this ASAP otherwise it will take ages to make them.

As far as measurements, I can say that the old batch was about 5 mm too long on the cutout. If you are not having the slots and make the long gap 4 mm shorter or so, you are PROBABLY ok. If Holger has two boards there, then isn't that the check we need?

What if I am wrong or dumb on one eye (auf einem Auge blöd)? Due to the problems Purusha got with the old panels I would really appreciate if someone could just confirm the new layout.

So what's the word on this? If it's not happening for several weeks, I'd like to know. Since I never got my case, I'd like to make alternate arrangements if it'll be a long wait.

Thanks,
Joel

I cut the dividers out of my first version front panel and it actually is relatively close. Once aligned based on the location of the bypass switches I'm left with a 5-6mm gap on the far right-hand side, but otherwise the fit is nearly perfect.

Some quick measurements suggest that you've got the same slot height and bypass switch spacing as before, which seems to be fine. I measure 5.07mm for the divider between the bypass switches and large slot on my panel. I filed it down inside a bit, so that may be why its different than your measurement. I think 6mm would work fine too, as there is a little give at 5mm.

On the right-hand side I measure 47mm between the end of my slot and rightmost edge of the board. It looks you've shortened the large slot and re-centered, which seems correct, at least to within 1mm... a little room for error is a good thing.

If you keep the bypass and first switch spacing the same as round one, and shorten the large slot by 5mm on the right-hand side, I think you've got it (re-centered of course). Does that fit with what you've done?

Latest posts

Back