Night Pro EQ-3D finished... almost.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe-electro

White Market Member
Finally finished it. Just need to install the fancy LED holder thingys. Haven't had a chance to play with it much but it sounds good so far.
EQ-3d_Racked_1024.jpg

EQ-3D_Inside1_1024.jpg

EQ-3D_Inside2_1024.jpg

KILLER!
:thumb:

I just noticed something on the faceplate's...

the 2.5k is a SHELF... Not a BELL. :?
Look at my original pic. It's labeled wrong on the faceplate's... won't affect the sound but...

Faceplate.jpg

[quote author="khstudio"]KILLER!
:thumb:

I just noticed something on the faceplate's...

the 2.5k is a SHELF... Not a BELL. :?
Look at my original pic. It's labeled wrong on the faceplate's... won't affect the sound but...

Faceplate.jpg
[/quote]

Arrgh! I'll have to out get the draftsmen's pen and the white ink! I also notice the Peak LED. I won't sleep until I get that implemented!

Ha, look at that :oops:

Too bad no one noticed this before I made the fronts. Somehow this mistake slipped through the inspection...

Will have to correct this in the next batch. Good eye Kevin :thumb:

[quote author="Purusha"]Ha, look at that :oops:

Too bad no one noticed this before I made the fronts. Somehow this mistake slipped through the inspection...

[/quote]

Yeah, don't feel bad, nobody else noticed it either! And the faceplate is awesome just the way it is! :thumb:

[quote author="lookn4tone"]Nice build! Where did you get the knobs and all the WIMA's. I'd bet it sounds awesome.[/quote]

The knobs are Sifam, scored off Evilbay, the Wimas came from Mouser. I won an auction for 90 Sifam knobs so everything I build for a while will have those knobs on it!

I would characterize the sound so far as 'interesting'. I have a feeling these units are going to get modded before all is said and done. I'm going to replace the 22 uF electrolytics on the front end with banks of Wima MKP-4's wired in parallel and would prefer a beefier output stage based around a JE-990, API 2520 or similar DOA. So, that probably means a beefier power supply as well. Wouldn't rule out an output tranny such as the JE-16A either.

---Joe

Back