At last: Green pres.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3nity

How to start....?? this greens were done early this year but 1 channel was not working so i decided not to rack them 'till all was fine.
Don't quote me on this but the trouble came from a failed transistor!! ARGHHH.

The small black box contains the transformer!!
The rack does not look good cuz i re-used an old front panel!

the interior:
normal_PA291164.JPG

The rear:
normal_PA291167.JPG

the crappy front with external power transformer on top:
normal_PA291169.JPG

Nice one! Just curious: why the external transformer? Just to get more distance between it and the boards?

It's a good week for Green Pres in the Montreal area - I finished one channel (waiting for a resistor for the second channel) on Sunday.

I haven't done much testing yet, but based on what I've heard - lots of high end! Condensers *really* sound like condensers, nice and crisp! I can't help but wonder what a low-end-heavy mic like a d112 would sound through one....

Nice one! Just curious: why the external transformer? Just to get more distance between it and the boards?

Nope, the transformer don;t fit on my rack. so i had to cheat a litle! and the small box came out just fine. The grey wire it's a 6 conductors cable and i need 4 for AC-CT-AC and Ground to my rack!

The only test i've done are good, very tight sound, flat and high ends!!!
My dream is to record some classical guitars trough it see what happens!!

Cheers!!

Latest posts

Back