Soundtracs Solitaire - Filter PCB Question...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Jackson

Hey Guys!

Has anybody had any experience with the PSUs? (namely the main PSU).

The one in my studio went a bit daft. On further investigation, I discovered that two components on the PCB filter board Ref: P13502/05(the one directly after the IEC connector) were dodgy.
One is an 0.47uF, 275Vac, MKT X2 cap. No problem. Farnell has these by the bucket load.

The other seems to be an Y1/X2 Ceramic Disc cap, and the markings for the values seem to be cryptic, as this baby got so hot, the ceramic split. They go as follows:

13SP

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm a console down!

Best Wishes Y'all!

Andy.

:grin:

I sent a PM to Andy - essentially suggesting that it might be best to replace the existing IEC mains inlet with an RFi filtered version - this would guarantee both mains safety and effective RF filtering performance.

Also quick and easy to fit.

JG

www.orchid-electronics.co.uk

Hi Andy

I am sure you have seen Tim Jones website at www.studiosystems.co.uk. The PSU WILL KEEP CAUSING TROUBLE if you dont have a fan attached to keep it cool. I had noise in the signal path (high pitched whine and narrow dynamic range) until I send it back. He modified the PSU and now its fine. Its a major problem with the soundtracs consoles and worth fixing believe me!

rob www.weststreetrecordingstudios.com

Latest posts

Back