crossfeed filter in headphone amps

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco Pancaldi

I found very intresting informations about crossfeed filters in the headwize.com website.

My group is an all-electronic guitar-keyboards-drum trio (pod, synths and ddrum based) and we play reharsals and gigs using headphones only.

So, I'm intrested in your opinions about crossfeed functions, and the simpler and best way to implement a mono/crossfeed/stereo switching system in a headphone distribution amp.
To be more precise, I'm not intrested in the crossfeed filter as a way to achieve a more "pleasant", subjective headphone sound; my goal is to have better control of our front of house mix and a less fatiguing environment in my headphones (from a sound engineer point of view), reducing the exaggerated pannings and the "in the head" feel from the headphones.

many thanks
Marco Pancaldi

I put the crossfeed circuit you mention from headwize before the amps in my headphone distribution amp, it's great and does everything you are thinking.
mine is built in, but you can put it into a separate box if you are using it with a commercial headphone amplifier.
Kelly

Hi Kelly,

thanks for your response.
I read a lot of infos from headwize and I discovered there are several crossfeed circuits.
Which is the one you built? Have you tried any other type?

Thanks again
m.

Hi Marco,
i made the meier natural crossfeed circuit .
I just used the switched part, NOT the amplifier, I already had my amplifier built, but it was pretty easy to insert this into the existing circuit.
If you wanted to simplify the circuit, I put mine on medium crossfeed 90% of the time. you might just want medium and off or something.

Good luck
Kelly

Back