GSSL Newb Question: Stuffing the PCB

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dor

Hello, I'm about 3/4 through filling my PCB for the GSSL & can't figure out what part I should put in a certain section of the board. I've seen some images where it appears wire was used and others using a resistor or something. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

gsslboard.jpg

Matt, thanks for the tip. I wasn't even aware that they were directional. I guess that tells you how much I know about this stuff. I'm guessing I have more than one in backwards.

D

:shock:

One more tip...
Always measure the voltage at pin 4 and 8 on the Ic-sockets before you put the IC's in... should be +/- 15V (refering to ground). I don't remember which is which, but check with a datasheet. For the NE5534 I think 's pin 4 and 7 ?
I might be wrong :?

The main point is to take it easy and check and double check all of your components. Diodes, electrolytics, IC's - they all must be mounted the right way, otherwise :cry: resistor values are also easy to mix up. I'm speaking out of my own experience here :razz: It's esy to get too eager and make a mistake...

Good luck

That entire section depends on what VCA's you are using.

Check this handy-dandy chart and you'll get the right direction.
http://diy.fischerworks.com/gssl_vca.shtml

Latest posts

Back