Poor man's press n peel

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently did a run of 12 small boards. 10 mil trace/space mostly SMD. used one of the other commercial papers, similar to press n peel. barely worked. but it did in the end and I got it all built-up and working same day. i think the consistancy in ironing is key. I want to try one of those rollers. actually I never want to have to do it again, but you just have to sometimes.

mike p

swingman15.jpg

The day I switched to one of these, is the day all my inconsistencies from ironing went away.

Found one used on Craigslist for $125 locally.

http://hixheatpress.com/

On a related matter, I was looking at some pdf from bunker of doom or somewhere, & it talked about using asphalt-based ink to draw your pcb's. What is asphalt-based ink & where does one obtain it?

Tom

[quote author="Larrchild"]
swingman15.jpg

The day I switched to one of these, is the day all my inconsistencies from ironing went away.

Found one used on Craigslist for $125 locally.

http://hixheatpress.com/[/quote]

Lucky Dog. That's quite a score :thumb:

Mike,

No matter how you clean the board, scrub it with Scotchbrite just before you do the transfer. Restored my sanity and made making pcbs with PnP easy and consistent.

And don't iron on the wife's ironing board. A piece of glass or one of those ceramic cooktops helps a lot with the ironing. Just press down, don't slide.

I put the iron on maximum heat. It's never melted the PnP or label backing. I'd try it with a paper towel the first time with a new combination, though.

Guavatone, people start T-Shirt businesses that fold all the time in every city.
Yours is waiting on Craigslist! =)
They are just a little heavy for ebay shipping costs, but thats an option too, of course.
They are $300+ new, for a thermostaticaly-controlled waffle iron mounted upside down over a squishy mousepad base, lol.

Latest posts

Back