LA2A bouncing noise floor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrigotti

I just finished up my build of the DripOpto LA2A, and everything went pretty well, once I chased down the problem with the stereo adjust pot (short in the cabling causing no compression to happen).

The unit is pretty quiet over all. I can't really hear much in the way of hum, just electrical noise down low.

One thing that I'm not too sure of is the bouncing noise floor.

Using a LYNX Two card to monitor the noise floor, I can see it bouncing (no signal applied) between -72 and -66 or so. This happens whether it is connected to a preamp or not.

My first guess would be the 12BH7, but that's just because I like to blame tubes that I know nothing about.

Anyone else have this issue, or any suggestions on easing my bouncing noise floor?

Thanks...

I've made 4 of these so far (point - point though) :wink: and my noise floor does exactly the same thing in all of them, so I figured it's just inherant in the design.

Well, that's good to hear. I won't tear the thing apart spending countless hours and dollars trying to chase some phantom noise that really doesn't even make a difference.

I have to turn my speakers up really loud to even hear it, and in a mix it is never going to be heard.

Thanks for the feedback.

Latest posts

Back