a suggestion for the "black market"

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scenaria

for group buys and group DIY orders... could we make those announments stickys in the "black market" what I mean is personl sales would not be a sticky but the 1081 PCB or API tranny or la2 kits could be stickys in that forum... just to keep them in sight for whoever stops in there...

just a suggestion

Hi everyone, Steve,

My last post on this.

How about one for the group stuff and another for biz:

A Separate Business Forum:

As there appears to be some consensus, could we entertain a separate forum for something like "Lab Pro Services."

This would be a place where we could do business with one another, as well as the outside world. And do it for profit. Real profit. With no ethical hang-ups.

But you must be an active contributing member to the Lab proper to post there.

Fees:

A fee would separate the "real deals" from the nonsense, keeping that forum always worth checking out because it's always professional. No BS.

The fee can be minimal, anything just to make it more official. $10 a shot?

A fee would also deter advertisers from out-posting one another every minute.

Or no Fees:

If you can advertise there for free, a potential downside is that it could end up saturated with posts that are not really professional - and they could detract from the ones that are. The very ones it's intended to highlight.

At this point I'll even agree to zero fee and we can add one later on!

Exit Strategy:

If no one uses the forum, then delete it after a trial period of a month or so.

Leverage:

Why not leverage the visibility of this site by giving the members an opportunity to advertise their various services to the guests as well as fellow members? There are some terrific services here that go unannounced.

Clarification:

No more issues about trolling, business, profit, motive, etc. Let's take the confusion out of this.

Check it out:

The Lab - DIY Forum
Lab Pro Services - Kits, Boutique Pro-Gear, Design, Work for Hire, etc.
Group Orders - Group Order Center
Black Market - Buy/Sell/Trade Marketplace

I think some of the heavyweights here would appreciate such a forum - Jakob and John Hinson come to mind. I don't want to speak for them of course.

Ron

I think the group orders forum can be deleted and merged into one of the other ones... personally...

last time I say this and nothing more will come from me about this...

what separates what I am doing from a group order? the fact that Im in $12+k in credit card debt? group orders WILL make profit... wether its in money or in the organizer getting some parts covered.. the fact is they are doing the same as me...the only difference is that I took the risk upfront as I doubt anyone in here would be willing to "maintain' thousands of dollars for the members (ask johnathan hayward... im betting those trannys made him pretty nervous with that kind of cash)

as for my specific situation... you can do the math.. its going to take me selling 25 kits just to break even... even after that I'll have to sell another 6 to 7 kits just to cover he cost of one of mine for myslelf.. ( this means im looking at having to do atleast 32 kits... this wont happen overnight... thats for sure) point is... what im doing is far from a business venture at this time.. perhaps in the future it will grow but at this time I have more to worry about than these argumens... I have CC bills to deal with.

I'll just put up a web page and be done with it. No advertising in here for anything... I think thats the best way to handle it. But this should also include group orders... as there is no way to monitor profits...

the other option is I can simply offer these as a "group order" meaning they wont be available until a minimum of ten are met, they also wont be ordered until all payments are in. at which point it will take 10 to 12 weeks until all of the parts come in. Im sure some in here appreciate being able to pay and get their parts within a week rather than waiting months at a time.. this is a convienence that im offering to the group by taking the risk by fronting the money. either way works for me... as a matter of fact if you all would prefer to do the group order thing then I would sleep better at night...

Ron, you have now turned a thread asking about "stickies" in the black market into yet another thread in business deals. And what is your fixation on fees anyway? STOP!!

As I said in the thread I thought was the only one on this..hell, now I'm doing it. Go here for what I said.http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=225&start=45

Scenaria,

I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with your LA2A initiative! Don't worry about it - we just had to have the open discussion about where our limits were at. I hope that didn't leave you with the impression that anyone thinks bad about you for what you did for us..

:razz:

Jakob E.

I'm sorry but right now, the new suggestion is more commercial than what Steve or anybody else is doing.

If we allow pro lab services posting, what if we have a question and some poster would say "I can help you with that. Go to my Pro Lab Services page for my consulting fees."

YUCH! I don't like that. That defeats DIY forum of sharing information.

Again, I appreciate the work of everyone (Steve, Labs, Chef, and others) that sell PCBs and kits to the DIY Community. You know they're not doing this to get rich, but to just help some of us here who have no time to make our own PCBs, or research/buy parts.

Unless the site administrator is opposed, I think we should be able to sell anything DIY related on the Black Market, (unless you?re a retail store who is here only for that, and we all know who they are?) and make whatever profit we want. The ability to profit is going to give folks incentive to produce kits and/or parts that others would love to have and would be able to learn a great deal from ? I mean, where else are you going to get kits like this? Same goes for group buys and other related things.

Let?s not shoot ourselves in the foot here. If Steve wants to produce kits for us, I say lets applaud that instead of discouraging it. It?s pretty obvious that the kits are in high demand and that the price is right or he wouldn?t have sold them so quickly.

However, we do need an official word from the moderator, administrator, or whoever. Just lay down the rules so we can put this to rest.

Back