AMS RMX16... distorted output

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustbro

I came in to the studio today to find that my RMX16 was making a noisy/popping sound on the right side that was just about blowing up my NS-10's.
After pulling each card I found that the output card (DMX 44.3) was causing the problem. I totally recapped the card... didnt work. I swapped out the 5532's... still didnt work. then I replaced the tl071 and the noise stopped! the only problem I have now is that the right channel is now distorted no matter what level input it gets.
Anyone have an idea on what might be up?
TIA

David Kukla(studioelectronics.biz) is the go-to person for these if you need it fixed. Maybe you could check out the input card if you want but these are quite the bitch to fix. I hope you are using a decent desoldering gun like the Hako or better.

Good luck dan

Even swapping input/output cards if they are separate like the delay unit. Also try cleaning all the contacts on the cards and ribbon cables.

i would say reseat everything. alot of little problems disappear, and/or appear when you do that. keep messing with it, wait! right there. don't touch it. thats my experience with the DMX.

Back