Passive controler for level in and out of 2trk?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhartung

Can anyone help me with a circuit (hopefully passive) that will simultaneously control the input and and output of my analog 2trk?

The idea is that I want to gain the level into the machine in order to find out where I like the level but without being fooled by more gain. So I would need the input and output to be wired in reverse gain--as you gain up the input, the output goes down equal level.

Anyone got any ideas??

thanks,

Mike

Its a cool idea. Why not use a stepped 4 decked switch? 2 decks for the input and 2 decks for the output. Very accurate if you match 1% resistors.

[quote author="mhartung"]Can anyone help me with a circuit (hopefully passive) that will simultaneously control the input and and output of my analog 2trk?[/quote]

Imho can't be done passive. You have to make up gain eighter in front or after your saturator circuit to catch the attenuated value.
Maybe something like this schemo.
If you want other steps, use this excel sheet.
should be easy to breadboard.

edit: files updated

Harpo, Thanks! That schematic looks cool. I will have to take a closer look tomorrow.

mike

Back