a good mic to mod to my ck12 and k67

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone managed to measure the change in nominal capacitance when the capsules are being heavily polarised? My meter doesn't have a small enough range.

What happens when you change the charge voltage on the capsule?

How does the capsule and circuit work together?

It is a very basic thing

Delta C

and

V

"it's a very basic thing"... :grin:

For a microphone "guru" like you... sure... :wink:

Actually, I undertand "the basics" but when I dig deeper, I get lost. :cry:

As I'm asking in this thread, I still don't understand very well the interaction between the capsule the grid bias resistor and the capsule bias resistor...

I don't undertand yet how the grid resistor and the capsule bias resistor influences what happens "inside" the capsule...

Thanks,

eD

[quote author="vertiges"]Does changing the values of the bias resistors (grid + capsules ones)
affect the output of the capsule ?[/quote]

Essentially no, but it affects what arrives at the input of the gain stage. And remember what Samuel said about how inevitably a filter is formed.

I think experimenting with guitar amp circuits gives you a good idea of how levels affect things when woking with valve gain stages. Good sounding amps pay attention to how much level you hit a stage with, and how much you expect at the output.

[quote author="rodabod"]

Essentially no, but it affects what arrives at the input of the gain stage. And remember what Samuel said about how inevitably a filter is formed.
[/quote]

I do remember... :wink:

[quote author="rodabod"]
I think experimenting with guitar amp circuits gives you a good idea of how levels affect things when woking with valve gain stages. Good sounding amps pay attention to how much level you hit a stage with, and how much you expect at the output.[/quote]

You're right... I need to make some experimentations...

I found this today. Very interesting... It helped me to understand better.

Thank you,

eD

look around the neumann site there are good PDFs look for the one I believe it is titled "Microphones" It explains a few things about the capsule section and how the voltage is developed at the capsule to circuit section

Next look a different schematics of older and new microphones and then build or buy or rent some to hear the changes if any.

It is not always a good thing to use a 1 gig to 3 gig you need to read about the tube and the grid resistor interactions as used in a microphone.

[quote author="Gus"]look around the neumann site there are good PDFs look for the one I believe it is titled "Microphones" It explains a few things about the capsule section and how the voltage is developed at the capsule to circuit section

Next look a different schematics of older and new microphones and then build or buy or rent some to hear the changes if any.

It is not always a good thing to use a 1 gig to 3 gig you need to read about the tube and the grid resistor interactions as used in a microphone.[/quote]

Thank you Gus !

eD

EDITED : I found the pdf from the Neumann site. Very instructive ! :thumb:

Back