Switches for 1073,1081,1084,

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazper

I'm looking into the possibility of a group buy for parts to assemble the switches for the 1081,1084,1073 projects.

I would like some help on a general consensus on if it's worth while. What switch brand and type for each switch position. I would like a equal too or better switch mechanism with the same rotation as stock units.

There is enough of these projects around to maximize the quantity discount across the board.

I'm thinking the group buy would include the following:
Switches
Pots and attachments to give you the 1/8" through shaft
resistors and caps as per required by project.
Wire (possibly)

I don't want it to be more complicated on me, so it will be done as a set IE one channel 1081 switch set.

Kevin

it's the right time with another batch of boards coming up ,
i need two 1084 sets please

could go with best value , i.e; reliable but not overkill close to stock
operation , you know gold contacts would be nice but not if price doubles

you're a brave guy Kev , Thanks!

Switches with knobs ... That would be fabulous! :thumb: I was with at least two sets ... Perhaps depending on the price several sets.

I dont think knobs would be a good idea. Everyone will want something different.

But I'd defnintely be in for 2 sets of 1073 and 2 sets of 1084 switches.

One of the major reasoning for this thread is to help me figure out what to offer as a group buy.

I personally want as good or better switches for my stuff. Gold plated should be reasonable since I think we should have some decent quantity's. We can look more closely at that when we have some idea's on what will work.

I'll post what I have found for the 1081 project. They were some elma's and greyhills, hopefully this weekend.

I'm going to check with Omeg to see if they can make some pot's for this with the long skinny shaft for center adjustments.

I don't think I'm going to work on the knobs, as this may be enough to kill me.

Any way's lets toss some idea's around for a few weeks to a month and plan on shooting for this as a group buy in the first part of next year after the Christmas blues. I would rather we get everything right then order a truck load of bad switches.

Kevin

Couple other things is I would like to stay clear of Paypal if possible. The Cinimag group buy worked out because most of you missed paying duties on your imports. For some it was a little less then just flat ordering the quantity direct especially us U.S. buyers. But one aspect is that the cost went up and like myself I probably wouldn't have bought them now if there wasn't the group buy which in the end would have cost me more because of the increasing price of metals and Cinimag passing that along to us.

I'm assuming everyone else will want the dual-concentric version, correct? Personally I was planning to split gain and frequency to separate knobs.

I'm guessing it'd be too confusing or costly (less savings) to give that option in the group buy...

?

[quote author="mattiasNYC"]I'm assuming everyone else will want the dual-concentric version, correct? Personally I was planning to split gain and frequency to separate knobs.[/quote]
I was planning on doing the same... but only because it was so costly. Maybe the group buy will make them more affordable

I rather have closest to the originals , so concentric controls
are my preference , takes up less panel room as well ,

Although i'd be o.k. with splitting the controls as a second option ,
if things become too difficukt to work [ just want to make it work ]

of course a gb on knobs would be fine too

regards Greg

I think the same as Greg.
One of the appeals that I think is most interesting aspect maintain as the originals.

I hope you are aware of this:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=3309&highlight=switch

Browse to Tekays post. From what i get this is true only for the 1081, but not sure

Infernal..

I am aware of that issue and have some ideas on a work around.

I'm knee deep in a project at my work and hope to get some R&R time to look into this myself and post what I have already as work around's.

At this time I'm not looking for knobs, no one seems to be able to find the like knobs. I have gotten a set from frank myself for this project as well as a couple others.

Kevin

This is one reason I went for a 1290 to start! Switches and inductors! Now the inductors are available fromo Audiomaintenance. This group buy would encourage a lot of us to go for full 1073.

I'd be in for 2 sets of 1073 switches.

Thanks.

jim

Thank god the pain is over for now. I spent the last 48 hours working except for a 6 hour sleep session in between and before I went home so I could get home.

I need to look at some car repair issues and then I'll spend a little time making some general lists etc and find my info.

Worst case we do a GB for the 1081 stuff because there may be a custom type deal for the switches and post common part numbers for the 1073/1084 folks.

I truly see this happing for the 1073,81,84 but progress will be at a slow pace and probably official GB till after the first of the year.

Kevin

Kevin, if it takes any load off your back, I can do some searching if you point me in the right direction.

jim

Latest posts

Back