B-2 Pro capsule can be?????

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand what you are asking.

FWIW I used a B2 pro capsule and mount in the C800G type microphone. I think the B2 pro will stay in the C800G type

[quote author="Gus"]I don't understand what you are asking.

FWIW I used a B2 pro capsule and mount in the C800G type microphone. I think the B2 pro will stay in the C800G type[/quote]

Who made this capsule and does anyone have some specification???
Duka

dukasound : could you post more photos about your B2 Pro because I got the B2 (not the pro one) and the main difference between those 2 models is a 3rd polar pattern (figure 8).

Thank you in advance.

[quote author="slash14"]dukasound : could you post more photos about your B2 Pro because I got the B2 (not the pro one) and the main difference between those 2 models is a 3rd polar pattern (figure 8).

Thank you in advance.[/quote]

I thin capsule is identical. Circuit not!
http://www.cankar.net/duka/DCP_2646a.JPG
I will use only capsule and chassis. I am waitin for Jensen and I put one 5-pole XLR.
http://www.cankar.net/duka/DCP_2654a.JPG

Thanks for your fast reply.

I thought electronics would have been the same between those 2 models but they are not ... not exactly the same one. Has anyone ever noticed a difference btwen B2 and B2 Pro ? Capsules must be the same one but if electronics are different, maybe th sound will be too ...

Which electronics do you plan to use with it ? Any planned schematic ?

[quote author="buttachunk"]

also, where do you find the 5 pin XLR in the USA ???[/quote]

I get mine gold plated at Markertek

I'm thinking about heading down to the local Guitarget (aka Banjo Center) to take a look at the B2. I want to see if it could hold the guts for a G7. If it is the 797 capsule, maybe it will work decently.

The b2 barrel is 10.5 cm, with a diameter of 47mm at the top, 41mm at the bottom

Here's a snap of the stock B2 capsule (non pro)

http://www.shinybox.com/diy/b2/capsule.jpg

And yes, duka and I compared notes earlier =)

I think the older B2 had a transformer output the new one is transformerless. It does look like the capsules are the same.

I don't think you could fit a 800 type in the b2 body not enought room for a good transformer or tube. Check the size of the ll7903 I used wired 8:1 the size is in the PDF at the lundall site I used in my build. I don't like the plastic head to body connection of the B2 pro. Leakage paths don't go well with 1 gig or more. A finger print can mess up the circuit, I built a microphone(one of my early builds) and must have touched the input cap in a way that left finger oil between the leads the microphone sounded bad untill I replaced the cap.

You could fit the Royer circuit in the B2 and use a switch to change from cardiod to omni like a u47.

People I might not write as well as others but I am giving lots of information.

gus, I think the B2 vs. B2 pro are other way around. at least my two B2's don't have traffos.

And what do you mean you don't write well, you've dropped bombs of information on the site. from pics to what you've done that works well ( and what hasn't worked well), we're a way more educated mic mod group thanks in part to you, and the discussions with other mic modders.

( I just read through a 9 page C800 thread)

:thumb: :guinness:

ju

By the way, I did make it to the Banjo Mart in Detroit, and they had no Bear Ringer B2 mics except for the ECM8000 (which I'm told is a good mic to have around, actually).

They did, however, have a really big and beautiful BLUE restoration of a Telefunken U-47. I had no idea those mics were so big! They also had an original RCA 77 ribbon mic in the cabinet.

Back