auditronics 110 console questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumsolly

Hi - this is my first post! I just picked up auditronics 110 console with no power supply, manual, or wiring harness. it is a very early, 18 channel unit (serial# 24) and has a mix of 110, 110a, and 110b input modules. I have read every post with the word "auditronics" in it at least twice in the last couple weeks. The first thing i need to do is get a power supply and a manual. I gather there is a place that took over the support for auditronics that has the manaul, though i think they run $100. so if anyone has one they like to sell a copy of or trade for auditronics 501 documentation(i have the original manual, dealer manual, and many full size schematics) that would be awsome. I was planning on getting a power supply from acopian. I gather it uses +/-15, +/-24 for logic/LEDs, and +50 for phantom power? are the acopian goldbox series a good choice? how much current would be appropriate for each supply? is the +/-24 regulated? I am planning on replacing all the lm709 and lm301 chips with 5534's or burr brown opa134's and maybe putting 2520 style opamps on the outputs using daughter cards form axisdreamer so that will increase the current draw. thanks thanks thanks so much for the help and expect LOTS more questions, ben

allright, so now all i need to know now is: can i use an unregulated supply for the +/-24v, how much current do i need for the +/-24v?
thanks, ben

well it lookes like I found an original supply so i dont need the specs quite as bad now. I still may get an acopian for the +/-15v. I was wondering now about upgrading the ic's. It is discussed a little in this thread http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=243684&highlight=auditronics#243684 I wanted to know what type of 22pF caps to use for the compensation. I was also curious as to anyone's opinion on using ne5534's vs opa134's (or any other chips for that matter) to replace the lm709's and lm301's. let me know what you think.
thanks, ben

Back