Lazertran on painted surface

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tardishead

Has anyone tried lazertran deccals on painted surfaces.
I have only seen the demos done on raw aluminium panels.
I assume it is ok - has anyone experience with this? I wish to bake the transfer in the oven because I dont want to use lacquer which will mess up my paint finish
The etch resist method looks cool aswell - I assume you get an anodised black panel and etch the writing into it.

I have. Different types of paint will have different blistering temps, so be careful.
Ovens are slow, but if you have a heat gun for shrink wrap, you can actually watch what your doing incase things get too hot. Much faster an easier than the oven me thinks. Maybe a blow dryer will get hot enough, I don't know.

I was thinking about using the ol' lazer printer on a paper, then iron on to a metal sheet... although having just thought about it, that may not work on painted surfaces...

drat.

:sam: R

I have used the Lazertran decal paper on painted boxes and it works quite well. You should bake the paint to make sure you drive all the solvents out of it before putting the Lazertran on, then bake it with the decals in place. I paint over the decals with a clear poly lacquer to protect the decals.

Here is a sample:

boost6.jpg

regards, Jack

Back