I can't find (in Switzerland) 5534AN...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:oops:
Yep... the 5534AN sorry...
I've ordered 30 of them from farnell, but seems that the article is no longer available...

I had the same problem with RS-Components.
I think the Texas Instrument equivalent is called AP.

Saw that RS is only supplying these as long as stocks last - hmm, so they've already run out of them.

Hi Radiance,
I just placed my first order at RS in NL yesterday. Just wondering, are you're satisfied about RS-NL ?

Bye / thanks,

Peter

[quote author="clintrubber"]
I had the same problem with RS-Components.
I think the Texas Instrument equivalent is called AP.

Saw that RS is only supplying these as long as stocks last - hmm, so they've already run out of them.

Hi Radiance,
I just placed my first order at RS in NL yesterday. Just wondering, are you're satisfied about RS-NL ?

Bye / thanks,

Peter[/quote]

Yes, RS is o.k. Conrad on the other hand is not so o.k.
Maybe this has something to do with RS only dealing with companies where as Conrad also deals with indeviduals (particulieren, what's the word?).

I just checked @ the RS website and the have both 5532 and 5534 AN from Philips but you have to buy 50 pcs.
They did not have them when I ordered mine 4months ago and told me they were not going to get new suplies.

I've found them from Distrelec.ch, 5534P and 5532P, from TI.
I hope they will be the same as AN...

Thanks a lot ppl !

I found this on the datasheet:

"For the NE5534A, a maximum limit is specified for
equivalent input noise voltage.
The NE5534 and NE5534A are characterized for
operation from 0°C to 70°C. The SE5534 and
SE5534A are characterized for operation over the
full military temperature range of ? 55°C to 125°C."

It seems the A version have a input noise voltage limit, the 5534P is 0.05 CHF more expensive that the AP

No, I'm, not sure. I'm into DIY for half a year now. I was confused about all the different types of the NE 5534 as well.
I always thought that the TI NE5534 AP had the same specs as the Philips
NE5534AN and that the TI NE5534 P was the same as the Philips NE5534 N.

I replaced some NE5534AP chips in my Sony preamps and EQ because they were getting real HOT. The module still works, but the IC chips were getting hot for my comfort.

When I replaced them with the NE5534P, it was running cooler, almost negligible heat. As far as my ear is concerned, there was no difference in sound.

I just checked @ the RS website and the have both 5532 and 5534 AN from Philips but you have to buy 50 pcs.
They did not have them when I ordered mine 4months ago and told me they were not going to get new suplies.

Thanks Radiance, and also about the RS- & Conrad-'situation'.

I found RS on my answering machine, I bet they called about the ordered 5534's. Let's hear what they can tell me tomorrow.

Bye,

Peter

Latest posts

Back