dircect outs on an auditronics 110 console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumsolly

I would like to fit my auditronics console with transformer-balanced direct outs. I would like to have them switchable between pre-fader(and e.q.) and post-fader(and e.q.) if possible. I would like it to not affect my normal mix bussing. Here are the schematics for the input modules and the output amplifiers - I dont know if i will have to have an amplifier stage to drive the direct outputs?

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ymbzyi2txv

http://www.mediafire.com/?8zz1dmyvozz

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated - im very new at this. thanks, ben

take a look at the solo audio points, the pre and post fader signal is available right there. To feed a transformer out, you will need a driver circuit (like another console output card), or feed it into a balanced output chip like a 1642.....
did you get it fired up yet?

Niels

hey nielsk - yeah, i saw those solo points. I may just mount the switches on the back panel, as i shouldn't need to get to them too often. would you recomend just copying the output card circuit? and if I pull a signal from those solo points it won't disturb any of the other output signals?

thanks, ben

thanks Niels - yeah, mine is the 4 buss original grandson console. I might have access to some original output cards, so maybe i will just use those to drive the direct outs. I just have to find a place to mount them. there is some space next to the other output cards, but not enough to mount 16 more. hmmm........

-ben

hey Niels or anyone - what do you think about ic's to replace the lm709 and 301's? There is the standard ne5534 that auditronics used later, and i've also heard of people using opa134's and LME49710's - any thoughts?
thanks, ben

get the cheap 5534's from Mouser.... you can try the B/B's or others, but the difference will be much smaller and maybe not better "sounding" but the change to the 5534's will be substantial
the next step up is the DOA's, that will do alot, & cost alot!

thanks Niels - by the way, I got the power supply and got it turned on. I fried a couple of resistors, still trying to sort that out. so it goes...
-Ben

Realizing this post is quite old, but wondered if @plumsolly ever got the 110 console modded with direct outs.  Just picked up a 110 myself and curious to know whether it is worth it.

I think Bob Joneson has come up with a nice looking circuit (and accompanying PCB/s) to add this (and other) features to the 110 consoles.

- more specifically the 110-8 configuration, but some of the mod's look like they'd work on the 110-4 as well.

Interesting - do you have any drawings or info on the amp stages used?

would love to see that.

thanks for sharing.
T.

EvLoutonian said:
I think Bob Joneson has come up with a nice looking circuit (and accompanying PCB/s) to add this (and other) features to the 110 consoles.

- more specifically the 110-8 configuration, but some of the mod's look like they'd work on the 110-4 as well.

Latest posts

Back