Altran 1:8 input and 1:1 bifilaroutput transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilebee

was just wondering it anyone was interested in group ordering some of these fine transformers. these 1:1 output transformers are pc mount and are direct decendents of the original 1:1 transformers in Walter Sears famous console. the 1:8 input transformers are pc mount w/mu metal cans same pin spacing as the cinemag,bauer and jensen so they should be able to be used in baumanns api 312 kit.

I can get the 1:8 for $45us ea and volume discounts
the 1:1 are $40.us

this is for a show of interest

Wil

Wilebee

Wil,

It would be nice to have a little more in the way of specs from Altran.
I am interested in at least 6 input transformers. If we got below $40, for quantity discount, on the input trannies I would buy more.

Thanks,
Tamas

I'll see about geting some more specs I know that these are very good transformers nd I'm waiting on a price break sheet. I'll post more when I know more I just know that I've used these transformers and I know tha they sound great. yes these are from the same manufacturer as the OSA 312 but they are slightly different in there core materal balance(Nickel/steel) when I asked what the ratio is it was kind of a oem secret so I didn't persue it further. I would assume we are talking atleast a standard 20 to 20k frequency responce I'll check on the headroom

Wil

Wilebee

Isn't Scott Hampton the distributor for these now? I might be interested, but it would depend on the price break.

yes Scott Hampton is an altran distributor. I'm actually trying to help him with smaller orders.

[quote author="wilebee"]yes Scott Hampton is an altran distributor. I'm actually trying to help him with smaller orders.[/quote]

Are these the ones that he puts in his JFET pres? In that case I will take ten.

Tamas

Well, I mean. you read the catalogs and it's all te same.
Turns ratio, db rating, 20 to 20k, or 30 to 20k, blah blah blah, makes no difference, Triad, UTC, Peerless..., so what's the real difference?
Phase shift, distortion, low end response, self res. point, inductance, leakage, capicitance, B-H curves, mag. current, , you see where I am coming from?
:guinness:

[quote author="cjenrick"]Well, I mean. you read the catalogs and it's all te same.
Turns ratio, db rating, 20 to 20k, or 30 to 20k, blah blah blah, makes no difference, Triad, UTC, Peerless..., so what's the real difference?
Phase shift, distortion, low end response, self res. point, inductance, leakage, capicitance, B-H curves, mag. current, , you see where I am coming from?
:guinness:[/quote]

Sounds like stuff I couldn't care less about. :roll: I am interested in pinout and coil configuration. Scott's site is talking about transformers that can be used 1:4 or 1:8. Is this the same transformer? :?:

Ok, here's some more info. I don't have specs yet but will be getting them soon. The price breaks on the 1:8 input transformers are as followed
1-3 $50
4-9 $46
10-24 $42
25-49 $40
50-99 $38
100 or more $35 ea

These are the same pricing schedules that are given to OEM customers. A note on the output transformers. These were designed using the same engineering that was developed by Walter Sear and Altran. Walter was Kind enough to help Scott and put him in touch with Altran and make avalible this transformer data from these original transformers. These are with a few variations the same transformers that Walter and altran designed so please let it be Clear that we are not trying to sell Walter S's name but thank him for his generous contribution in making these parts avalible. All of the rest of these transformers were designed by Scott Hampton and Altran and have noting to do with OSA. These are indeed the same transformers that are used in the hamptone JFET kit. The pricing I've gotten for the 1:1 is as follows

1-3 $47
4-9 $43
10-24 $39
25-49 $37
50-99 $35
100or more $32

Wil

Wilebee :thumb:

Latest posts

Back